OBS Wheel offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FA31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can’t find a good guide to tell me backspacing and offset for an OBS 2dr Tahoe.

I don’t want to put my suspension through extra stress.

I am going to lift it 4” and want to run 33x12.50 BFG All Terrains.

I think for a 7.5” wide wheel I need -12 offset.

What offset & backspacing for a 9” wheel would keep me in a safe range for my suspension?

Seems the negative -12 I’ve seen recommended for a 7.5” is offset that’s accounting for the increased tire width and the 1/2” wheel width increase.

Do you adjust the offset as the wheels get wider?

Thanks, these things are more complicated than the last time I lifted one and changed wheels.

CS_ATX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can’t find a good guide to tell me backspacing and offset for an OBS 2dr Tahoe.

I don’t want to put my suspension through extra stress.

I am going to lift it 4” and want to run 33x12.50 BFG All Terrains.

I think for a 7.5” wide wheel I need -12 offset.

What offset & backspacing for a 9” wheel would keep me in a safe range for my suspension?

Seems the negative -12 I’ve seen recommended for a 7.5” is offset that’s accounting for the increased tire width and the 1/2” wheel width increase.

Do you adjust the offset as the wheels get wider?

Thanks, these things are more complicated than the last time I lifted one and changed wheels.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm lifting my 97 2dr Tahoe z71 and I'm trying to figure out what offset rims to go with. I'm trying to decide between a 4" lift and a 6" lift also.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you looked at the backside of your OE rims? Usually the OE size and offset are visible there. At least that would give you a place to start for your calculations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts