OBD DTC's, can't find 'em

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
So, my ABS light came on. ABS is not that big of an issue for me but since it's come on the truck just hasn't been right. It's been weak on start up cranking over and the truck feels sluggish driving. So, I plugged in an OBD reader to see if any codes came up. I got two and they're not in my Haynes manual and the only place Google pointed me was for a newer generation GM's.
The codes are:
C0895
C0225

If anybody knows what they are I'd love to get that info. Thanks.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
ABS issues:

C0225

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The wheel speed sensor coil emits an electromagnetic field. A toothed ring on the wheel passes by the wheel speed sensor and disrupts this electromagnetic field. The disruption in the field causes the wheel speed sensor to produce a sinusoidal (AC) voltage signal. The frequency and amplitude of the sinusoidal (AC) voltage signal are proportional to the speed of the wheel. The amplitude of the wheel speed signal is also directly related to the distance between the wheel speed sensor coil and the toothed ring. This distance is referred to as the air gap.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

• No output signal from the left front wheel speed sensor for 1.0 second
  • Excessive left front wheel speed sensor resistance for 1.0 second
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

• The ABS indicator lamp turns on
  • The ABS disables
DTC C0225 is a Condition Latched DTC, which indicates that the above actions remain true only as long as the condition persists.

DTC C0225 is a DRIP non-critical malfunction. If any other DTC sets before this DTC is investigated and cleared, this will become a DRP critical malfunction and the BRAKE indicator lamp will also turn on.

For a detailed explanation of malfunction responses, refer to Self-Diagnostics.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

• Repair the conditions responsible for setting the DTC
  • Use the Scan Tool Clear DTCs function
  • A Condition Latched DTC may exist momentarily, or constantly. In either case, the DTC will be stored in the EBCM memory until it is repaired, and/or the DTC is cleared. After the DTC is repaired and/or cleared and the ignition is turned to ON, the ABS lamp will remain lit until the EBCM completes its power-up self test. This test concludes when the vehicle has reached a speed of greater than 13 km/h (8 mph) and the wheel speed inputs have been checked by the EBCM.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
Any of the following conditions may cause an intermittent malfunction:

• A poor connection
  • Wire insulation that is rubbed through
  • A wire breaks inside the insulation
Thoroughly check any circuitry that is suspected of causing the intermittent complaint for the following conditions:

• Backed out terminals
  • Improper mating
  • Broken locks
  • Improperly formed or damaged terminals
  • Poor terminal to wiring connections
  • Physical damage to the wiring harness
If the customer says that the ABS indicator lamp is on only during humid conditions such as rain, snow, or vehicle wash, then thoroughly inspect all wheel speed sensor circuits for signs of water intrusion. Use the following procedure:

1. Spray the suspected area with a 5% salt water solution (two teaspoons of salt to 12 oz. of water)
  2. Drive the vehicle above 24 km/h (15 mph) for at least 30 seconds If the DTC returns, replace the suspected harness. When inspecting a wheel speed sensor, inspect the sensor terminals and the harness connector for corrosion. If evidence of corrosion exists, then replace the wheel speed sensor. Resistance of the wheel speed sensor will increase with an increase in sensor temperature. Refer to the following tables for temperature/resistance values.

TEST DESCRIPTION
The numbers below refer to the steps in the diagnostic table:

1. This step checks the resistance of the left front wheel speed sensor circuit.
  2. This step checks for continuity in the left front wheel speed sensor harness.
  3. This step checks the resistance of the left front wheel speed sensor.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

C0895 I am not 100% convinced verify code and year make model please.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Damn, that about as much info as I could have asked for. Thank you.

The second code. I rescanned it and got the same number, C0895.
Truck is a 1998 Tahoe, 5.7, two door, Z71, LT. Don't know what other info you'd need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420