O2 sensor issues with LT headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So no cats ? I take it you have the downstream O2 sensors tuned out? You should contact Blackbear. They can take a look at a data log and see what’s going on. Justin is a smart mofo. I would be looking for a burned or melted wiring harness next to the headers or y-pipe while you wait to hear back from them. Hey @BlackBearPerf are you there?
We are here, you are correct we can help diagnose issues as part of the tune process with our data log tune options, and yes Justin is a smart mofo lol

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been running Speed Engineering LT headers with a Blackbear tune for a couple months and a couple days ago the CEL came on. Checked the codes and it's showing issues with the position 1 O2 sensors on both bank 1 and bank 2. I think I'm at around 107k miles and I bought it used at around 30k. I haven't changed the sensors since I've owned it and I can't imagine they were changed before then, so it's entirely possible that there's nothing more to it that swapping them out. I just want to see if anyone has any recommendations for higher quality sensors so use or any other issues that might be causing/contributing to their failure. Thanks!

Did we tune your vehicle via our AutoCal or Scan Cable tune?

OP
OP
B

Blackout7c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So no cats ? I take it you have the downstream O2 sensors tuned out? You should contact Blackbear. They can take a look at a data log and see what’s going on. Justin is a smart mofo. I would be looking for a burned or melted wiring harness next to the headers or y-pipe while you wait to hear back from them. Hey @BlackBearPerf are you there?

Yeah, rears have been tuned out. I didn't notice anything melted but I'll check again

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember which one it was called... You sent the handheld scanner and I sent files back of the driving logs. I got tunes back based on those.
If we emailed you your tune files it would be the AutoCal. If we physically tuned a PCM after seeing a data log that would be our Scan Cable tune.

OP
OP
B

Blackout7c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If we emailed you your tune files it would be the AutoCal. If we physically tuned a PCM after seeing a data log that would be our Scan Cable tune.
Auto cal then I suppose :) I think I may have fixed it though... I didn't realize the heater portion of the sensors had a separate fuse, found one of them popped this morning and replaced it. So far so good

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auto cal then I suppose :) I think I may have fixed it though... I didn't realize the heater portion of the sensors had a separate fuse, found one of them popped this morning and replaced it. So far so good
That’s awesome news.

JJKNIGHT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue with my StainlessWorks Headers, Both Downstreams are deleted, but my tuner said I have a lazy Bank2S1 sensor, so I'm getting two brand new ones Wednesday, but where is this fuse at?

Mine was running fine and then it popped something and it changed it instantly into LIMP mode... HELP!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne