Now I think I understand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the OP. I wasn't really trying to get at what happens when you open the rear windows. My thoughts were that by opening them up if that's the sensation of what a lot of owners are feeling when all the windows are closed I would be pissed too. I have no issues with my truck so far, but I said to myself if that's what people are feeling all the time with all windows up I can understand why it's not acceptable.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you barely open one window it will do it. You either have to let it all the way down or crack open another window. It's turbulence. It happens in almost every vehicle.

Yep. But lots of Tahoe’s and Yukon’s do it will all the windows shut.

And that’s what the OP is talking about.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the OP. I wasn't really trying to get at what happens when you open the rear windows. My thoughts were that by opening them up if that's the sensation of what a lot of owners are feeling when all the windows are closed I would be pissed too. I have no issues with my truck so far, but I said to myself if that's what people are feeling all the time with all windows up I can understand why it's not acceptable.

Gotta admit...this thread has been a fascinating study in reading comprehension lol!

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta admit...this thread has been a fascinating study in reading comprehension lol!
Yes, maybe I was confusing in how I explained what I was getting at lol. It's all good, just maybe not clear to all. In closing I understand what happens when you open the rear windows and I know you will hear noise and feel pressure doing it on any vehicle lol. My Tahoe however is much more annoying in that scenario than any of the others I've owned and that probably doesn't bode well for the design in general, and possibly is a clue to the windows up issues people are having.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, maybe I was confusing in how I explained what I was getting at lol. It's all good, just maybe not clear to all. In closing I understand what happens when you open the rear windows and I know you will hear noise and feel pressure doing it on any vehicle lol. My Tahoe however is much more annoying in that scenario than any of the others I've owned and that probably doesn't bode well for the design in general, and possibly is a clue to the windows up issues people are having.

I think you were crystal clear:

“If that's what's going on with some trucks with the windows all closed then now I can see how you couldn't live with it. I've had a lot of vehicles but I never felt anything like that...”

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If some people are experiencing that sensation with the windows up, that's awful for them.
Seems to imply an air leak, if there's buffeting with windows closed. Rear liftgate seal perhaps? I can only imagine how annoying it must be.

Only buffeting I do is at Golden Corral.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to imply an air leak, if there's buffeting with windows closed. Rear liftgate seal perhaps? I can only imagine how annoying it must be.

Only buffeting I do is at Golden Corral.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Pretty good.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick