Now I think I understand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My g/f’s new Mercedes does it so bad it actually hurts your ears! If we have the dog in the back seat and want to crack open the window for him, we must also open a front window or sunroof. Otherwise the booming and the pressure are deafening!
My Tahoe does it too, but not as bad. But both are very quiet with all windows up.

However, my 68 Caddy doesn’t have that effect. Maybe because it’s a hardtop coupe with no post between the windows and no frames around the windows either. If I’m just cruising around with just my driver window down I get a bit of wind blowing in, enough to really mess up my hair, but if I put all 4 windows all the way down, I can even go on the freeway with no buffeting!

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've noticed buffeting when just a rear window is down in all of the vehicles my wife and I have owned regardless of make. My 2008 Tahoe did it something fierce. I haven't noticed any buffeting in my 2019 Tahoe with the windows up though, so they must have resolved that issue.

aducknut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every vehicle I’ve owned has done that, except for 2 door vehicles
2018 Tahoe Premier
2012 Toyota Camry
2007 Honda Civic
2000 Volkswagen Jetta
2004 Ford Expedition
1999 Ford Expedition
2000 Honda Accord
1998 Toyota 4Runner

You get the point this isn’t specific to GM

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every vehicle I’ve owned has done that, except for 2 door vehicles
2018 Tahoe Premier
2012 Toyota Camry
2007 Honda Civic
2000 Volkswagen Jetta
2004 Ford Expedition
1999 Ford Expedition
2000 Honda Accord
1998 Toyota 4Runner

You get the point this isn’t specific to GM

With the windows UP?

Because that’s the issue people have with the Tahoe/yukon.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine doesn't or its so little I don't notice it. I have the WellVisors. Very happy with them. I had the weathertech in channels - they suck. Kept sliding down after you put the window up and down a few times. I have them for sale - seems no one wants them.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My g/f’s new Mercedes does it so bad it actually hurts your ears! If we have the dog in the back seat and want to crack open the window for him, we must also open a front window or sunroof. Otherwise the booming and the pressure are deafening!
My Tahoe does it too, but not as bad. But both are very quiet with all windows up.

However, my 68 Caddy doesn’t have that effect. Maybe because it’s a hardtop coupe with no post between the windows and no frames around the windows either. If I’m just cruising around with just my driver window down I get a bit of wind blowing in, enough to really mess up my hair, but if I put all 4 windows all the way down, I can even go on the freeway with no buffeting!

You have HAIR?? Your lucky !;)

MidnightRider

Reaction score
Drove an 02 Tahoe for many years that did not buffet with any window(s) open. However it did bang fairly bad with the sunroof open which did not have the deflector. My 18 does with the rears down as mentioned above.

cfoote

Reaction score
I’m old and I like AC or heat, depending on the season. Also I don’t like flying critters in my vehicle. Occasionally I open the sunroof at night as well.
If you barely open one window it will do it. You either have to let it all the way down or crack open another window. It's turbulence. It happens in almost every vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24