Not very happy with GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali

So in October, according to the dealer, my BCM went out. Had that replaced along with air ride compressor and front struts for a total cost of $2800.00. A week and a half ago my truck would not start again. Thinking it was BCM again I had it towed to same dealer. They said it was bad battery cables and a battery. Had those replaced for another $900.00. When I went to pick up my truck it was making a clicking noise which was not there when I brought the truck in. They are quoting me $2100.00 just to find out what the issue is. They said they would ask GMC for assistance on cost which GMC denied. This after I had just spent $3600.00 on the truck within the last 4 months. Not very happy with GMC at all. Might have to trade in for a Ford now.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Might have to trade in for a Ford now.

First off, no. That's ignorance speaking and makes you sound like a 10 year old. Second - just that, get a second opinion. Bring it to another dealer or mechanic. Describe the clicking noises you're getting. There's a TON of useful info on this site by people who have experienced just about everything. Chances are high someone here can diagnose it or point you in a better direction

OP
OP
M

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off, no. That's ignorance speaking and makes you sound like a 10 year old. Second - just that, get a second opinion. Bring it to another dealer or mechanic. Describe the clicking noises you're getting. There's a TON of useful info on this site by people who have experienced just about everything. Chances are high someone here can diagnose it or point you in a better direction

I have had nothing but issues with this GMC. The block was replaced 4 years ago due to constant piston flap. At least this was under warranty. Then the air ride compressor, front struts, BCM and the battery cables. Quite a bit of problems for a 7 year old truck that looks new. I'm upset at the fact that the noise was not there prior to bringing the truck in. Truck was towed in so dealer said they don't know if noise was there or not. Like I'm trying to pull on over on them. I was in the week prior for an oil change and everything was fine. I'll take it to another dealer and get a second opinion but I really doubt I will buy another GMC if this turns out to be a major fix. I'm a single parent with 3 kids so money is a big issue.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a crappy dealer.

get a second opinion. Bring it to another dealer or mechanic. Describe the clicking noises you're getting. There's a TON of useful info on this site by people who have experienced just about everything. Chances are high someone here can diagnose it or point you in a better direction

x2

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Compressors going bad are extremely common on these. As are shocks. With a little research, they can be easily replaced much cheaper than at the dealer. As for your motor going, no matter what vehicle it is, theres always going to be flawed motors at some point given the sheer volume. Thankfully yours was under warranty - so no big deal. As for this noise - be more specific on what its doing. Record the sound or take a video with your phone and upload it so we can all put our heads together and attempt to help you out.

OP
OP
M

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Compressors going bad are extremely common on these. As are shocks. With a little research, they can be easily replaced much cheaper than at the dealer. As for your motor going, no matter what vehicle it is, theres always going to be flawed motors at some point given the sheer volume. Thankfully yours was under warranty - so no big deal. As for this noise - be more specific on what its doing. Record the sound or take a video with your phone and upload it so we can all put our heads together and attempt to help you out.

Will do, thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The dealer does have a point in that since it was towed in they have no idea about noise till inspect for it. I would like a detailed break down on why they want $2100 to just check for the noise problem. That would be a great help here and if you hear the noise then share what you are hearing and from where you hear it before you give any ok for further inspection.

Next, and this is important, find a qualified shop in your area that can handle your work on the vehicle. It is out of warranty so why not take it to a qualified shop that you trust instead of the dealer that you obviously distrust. Check with friends and relatives for who they use. Make sure the tech that would work on your rig at that shop is ASE certified in the area of the current concern on your rig. Guarantee you there are techs out there that understand your rig as well as any dealer tech. Heck there are a bunch on here that do.

You have been racked over the coals and now is the time to step back and go a different direction, like flatdale said. He is speaking the truth.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
All of those are common issues with the 07 body style Yukon. I'd bet an HVAC temp actuator is clicking. A lot of times when there is a voltage issue (like the battery cables developing high resistance), the actuators will lose position and click click click. Sometimes they will reset, sometimes they have to be replaced.

OP
OP
M

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer does have a point in that since it was towed in they have no idea about noise till inspect for it. I would like a detailed break down on why they want $2100 to just check for the noise problem. That would be a great help here and if you hear the noise then share what you are hearing and from where you hear it before you give any ok for further inspection.

Next, and this is important, find a qualified shop in your area that can handle your work on the vehicle. It is out of warranty so why not take it to a qualified shop that you trust instead of the dealer that you obviously distrust. Check with friends and relatives for who they use. Make sure the tech that would work on your rig at that shop is ASE certified in the area of the current concern on your rig. Guarantee you there are techs out there that understand your rig as well as any dealer tech. Heck there are a bunch on here that do.

You have been racked over the coals and now is the time to step back and go a different direction, like flatdale said. He is speaking the truth.

Picking the truck up later today. They said it is coming from the engine so to diagnose the problem they would need to drop the engine at a cost of $2100.00. I'll take it to a local mechanic who used to work on my older cars for a second opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass