Non Nav Radio possessed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmannx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the stock Bose radio / CD player w/ Bose in my 2011 Tahoe. It has begun to take on a life of its own. It will begin scanning radio stations randomly and when I select the station i want - it stays there for about 3 seconds then beeps and starts scanning again, the menu buttons on the steering wheel just cause the readout to flicker back & forth and it randomly changes songs when in USB (iPhone). I've tried pulling the fuse to see of that would reset it to no avail.
Has anyone else seen this issue ? Known solutions ?
Thanks !

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer fixed mine under warranty once, took several years for it to happen again, I believe they reprogrammed either the radio module or BCM. You could look for a replacement on ebay or send yours out to a radio shop to get fixed.

Ejbarah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First disconnect the battrey NEG cable for 5 minutes see if reset.
Or you can Try to update the software for the radio if you have access ACDelco SPS will fix the issues. Or you can take it to dealer to updated it for you.
What is the Radio Part number

Ejbarah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try remove either the RDO fuse or negative cable see if its work. If the problem still then you need to update software. What is you Radio part number?

OP
OP
dmannx

dmannx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved. After disconnecting negative cable & checking fuses did nothing to remedy the issue. I sat in the drivers seat watching the phantom scanning of stations go on. Then it dawned on me to look at the steering wheel and that's where I noticed the scan / seek button to be stuck in a slightly pressed position. I pulled it out and everything is back to normal. I was so focused on looking the crazy radio readout that it had not occurred to me to check the steering wheel controls. Sorry for the false alarm. Thanks to those who chimed in with suggestions.