Noisy interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the most effective way to find and terminate unwanted noises is to get one or two friends to commit a few hours to driving around with you and locating the the source of the noises, one by one. Then, you can formulate and implement measures to reduce or eliminate them.

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like most of the rattling comes from the rear somewhere. When I had the trim pieces out to do the headliner the speaker for the rear drivers corner was just sitting loose in there. But it seems like there's other things too. I'm not sure yet if it's just loose trim pieces or something else.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to own an 05 Wrangler Rubicon. I have been desensitized to squeaks and rattles... LOL
If you had stuff out for headliner or other interior work, then there might be a trim panel clip that did not fasten as tight going in as it was originally.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the most effective way to find and terminate unwanted noises is to get one or two friends to commit a few hours to driving around with you and locating the the source of the noises, one by one. Then, you can formulate and implement measures to reduce or eliminate them.
Once the squeaks & rattles are located, a great solution is to apply some self-adhesive felt padding to where the noise is caused. I have a bunch somewhere in my stockpile.. I’ll try to find you a link..

Something like this: Car Multipurpose Tape, Car Self Adhesive Anti Squeak Rattle Felt Automotive Wiring Harness Tape Car Accessories (32mm*15m) https://a.co/d/g6KLC1W

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eliminate the noise or the friends?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts