Noise When Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so probably a dumb question but are the cooling fan running the noise you hear after you shut it down? I've not seen the tune from these trucks, but first time I drove my c6 hard in the mountains, pulled over at the over look and shut it off without thinking about it being hot the fans came on. turns out in the e38 ecm (which I believe was used in some of these trucks) if you meet a certain parameters it will run the cooling fan after turning the car off. help cover the heat soak hit.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so probably a dumb question but are the cooling fan running the noise you hear after you shut it down? I've not seen the tune from these trucks, but first time I drove my c6 hard in the mountains, pulled over at the over look and shut it off without thinking about it being hot the fans came on. turns out in the e38 ecm (which I believe was used in some of these trucks) if you meet a certain parameters it will run the cooling fan after turning the car off. help cover the heat soak hit.
Yep, sometimes during remote start too.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, sometimes during remote start too.

oh yeah, if the ac is on mine goes straight to hi speed when remote start. in this 100deg days it gets used 3 or 4 times a day haha. if I know I'm only going to be in somewhere for a few minutes I'll remote start it while I walk away from it haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts