no speaker power in back doors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdiacont322

Reaction score
I have no speaker power in my back doors on my 97! Any ideas or has somebody had this problem before?

mike

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the situation on my 95, the wiring adapter I used to install my aftermarket radio didn't pass thru the rear door speakers, they did pass thru the rear rear speakers by the hatch though ... go figure. I have upgraded speakers in there just haven't fixed it yet. :|

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
there is a little amp under the driver seat that powers the rear
dood spkrs there is a sticky on here that talks about it. i don't

use my rear door spkrs.

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume they worked before? Cause when I installed my HU in my 4 door, the rear door speakers quit working. The solution was to plug the remaining wire into the remote wire of the HU. It might be something like that, but that's just a guess. If you feel like taking off the dash again you want to double check your wiring and make sure you got good connections.

This might help

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
my 95 did. also i'm not using the 4x10 locations .
I mounted some 6x8 in the barn doors now i can just open
the barn doors with better sound coming out like when we watch
movies from the back.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny u should ask this
over the weekend i installed all new speakers in my bros 97 kon and the rear doors didnt have power but the rear did
si i tapped into the rear feed and ran new speaker wire to the door speakers and they work now
theres a harness on the drivers side under the rear door carpet area and i found the speaker wire colors i needed and cut and spliced and now the door speakers run off the rear 4x10s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz