No pressure in cooling system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well then it appears that the head gaskets are good at this time. You are losing it somewhere. You might want to send an oil sample in to have it evaluated. I don't know who to recommend and oil testing but others here will. Just do a search for oil samples and oil testing. But I bet if you LOOK hard enough you can see signs of where the problem is.

OP
OP
D

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Other then getting some uv dye and running that for a few days and then getting the oil anylized im not sure theres much else i can do at this point

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You gotta figure out why the cooling system will not build pressure when you try to pressurize it. May need t remove the reservoir bottle and inspect it all around, if you cannot get a good look at it mounted. That system needs to pressurize.

OP
OP
D

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Well at this point il have to bring it to a mechanic, as im pretty much all out of options as a starter diy’r. Its not overheating and when i release the cap from the resevoir i can hear pressure releasing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's why I said there may be something wrong with the way the pressure tester seals at the reservoir.

OP
OP
D

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
That did not go good.. it started taking on psi and as soon as it got to 15 psi POP goes the weasel. Coolant everywhere including my eyes.. well guess the fitting was defective afterall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne