No power to the crank fuse...Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reemo_2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I have an 01 Yukon and 2 days ago I parked the truck and in the morning the truck wouldn't crank. The lights, radio, wipers etc.. all work but no power to the starter. Here's what I've done so far to figure it out:

1. Checked all fuses under the hood & inside on the driver side panel

2. Checked the battery voltage

3. Checked the starter (off of the car)

4. Checked the power wires going to the starter (both)

So far everything checked out with the exception of 2 things.

1. No power to the "Crank Fuse" inside of the vehicle

2. No power going to the small (wire with the 8mm bolt) power wire going to the starter.

The main power wire going to the starter has power, but no power to the smaller wire when the key is in the start position (key turned all the way to crank the truck).

Can anyone shed light on why I'm not getting power to the fuse or the starter wire?

Thanks in advance

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the IGN fuses under the hood, I had one of them blown and the starter wouldn't turn over.

OP
OP
R

reemo_2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Wake but I found the problem. Whoever owned this truck previously financed this truck from a company who put a tracking device that can shut down the vehicle remotely. While Traceing the wires from the ignition (after checking the ignition of course) I discovered a little green box marked "Loan lender services by procon" attached to a voltage regulator & a wire harness. So I googled the name & found out what it does. I called the dealership to find out why they installed this unit when we paid cash for the truck. The dealership had no knowledge that it was in the vehicle. So I traced the wires, removed the tracking device & connected my wires back together & then she fired right up.

Thanks Wake for the help

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wake but I found the problem. Whoever owned this truck previously financed this truck from a company who put a tracking device that can shut down the vehicle remotely. While Traceing the wires from the ignition (after checking the ignition of course) I discovered a little green box marked "Loan lender services by procon" attached to a voltage regulator & a wire harness. So I googled the name & found out what it does. I called the dealership to find out why they installed this unit when we paid cash for the truck. The dealership had no knowledge that it was in the vehicle. So I traced the wires, removed the tracking device & connected my wires back together & then she fired right up.

Thanks Wake for the help

Wow, I've never heard of that! Crazy stuff they do nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinkalberg

Latest posts