No heat from front vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 12703898 water pump along with the 15-11057 thermostat. I see that heat is coming from the rear vents and I also see that the heater core hoses are getting hot, but nothing is coming from the front. I also see that the lower radiator hose is not heating up.

I let the engine reach 210F and I never felt any real heat from the front. Please tell me this thermostat isn't bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, it looks like I might've overlooked something. When I turned the temperature control knob, I turned it up to 82, but not all the way to the red mark after 82.

Once I turned it completely to the red mark, I started to feel the heat working.

It still seems kinda weird it won't blow hot at 82 even though the outside temp is like 70.

Maybe an actuator is funky?

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for me, I however have the regular knob, I dont get to see the fancy numbers, My front heat hasnt worked since 2010, I haven't bothered to fix it but I probably have a bad heater, will look into it and report back when I do preventative maintenance on my water pump and coolant.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, it looks like I might've overlooked something. When I turned the temperature control knob, I turned it up to 82, but not all the way to the red mark after 82.

Once I turned it completely to the red mark, I started to feel the heat working.

It still seems kinda weird it won't blow hot at 82 even though the outside temp is like 70.

Pull the fuse for your climate control and let sit for 5 minutes (Key off). Reinstall and start vehicle. Dont touch anything for 10mins and let it recalibrate itself.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that you don't have any air pockets remaining in your cooling system after replacing the coolant?

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

Yep they blow cold air under that number you just never realized it till now.You t stat is fine if it was stuck closed you would over heat if it was stuck open you would still get heat.210 is were my gauge reads also normal temp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman