No crank no start 2006 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was cruising downtown last night and I went to a gas station, shut my yukon off to go inside, came back out and my car wouldnt start. Normal voltage, didnt click or anything. Tried jumping it, hitting the starter, nothing was working. I ever l ended up arcing the starter, it started up, but was severely down on power, cel, Abs light, Traction control light, parking brake light are all on. It was making a rattling noise in the bellhousing area and wouldnt shift into 4th. No cruise control and obd2 didnt have power. I drove it home, parked it and again, it wouldn't turn on. No crank no start. Scanned it and the codes are shown below. Read that it might be the ignition switch so I bought one and it wasnt that. Does anyone know what it might be? (Oh and it didn't hard shift at all, didnt give me any problems before this.)

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

received_203014998281355.jpeg

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Battery connections cleaned recently? If not try those including your ground connections...
I just replaced the battery about a month ago and everything looked fine. What do you mean by included my ground connection?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I just replaced the battery about a month ago and everything looked fine. What do you mean by included my ground connection?

Your ground connections around the frame. You can probably find a schematic if you Google it.

OP
OP

2006yukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s for my ‘07 as an example...

View attachment 272780
They're all good. Im the 12v constant to the starter is good, but when it turned the keys there is not ignition power to it. The problem lies somewhere between the key and the starter

Edit, just checked, there is power going to the crank fuse in the fuse box and the relay is working properly

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may have checked wrong relay. The big one on top of starter, most call it a solenoid.
Really sounds like bad battery.

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was cruising downtown last night and I went to a gas station, shut my yukon off to go inside, came back out and my car wouldnt start. Normal voltage, didnt click or anything. Tried jumping it, hitting the starter, nothing was working. I ever l ended up arcing the starter, it started up, but was severely down on power, cel, Abs light, Traction control light, parking brake light are all on. It was making a rattling noise in the bellhousing area and wouldnt shift into 4th. No cruise control and obd2 didnt have power. I drove it home, parked it and again, it wouldn't turn on. No crank no start. Scanned it and the codes are shown below. Read that it might be the ignition switch so I bought one and it wasnt that. Does anyone know what it might be? (Oh and it didn't hard shift at all, didnt give me any problems before this.)

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

View attachment 272773

That's a lot of trans codes... Checked the "ign 0" fuse?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked in the Factory service manual for a troubleshooting guide? I suggest you download one, and then look for "Fusible Links".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz