NNBS Roof Rack Delete How-To (With Lots of Pictures!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truman3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought about removing the cross bars and just painting the rails on each side body color... Has anyone seen that?

I think it would look pretty good.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice write-up and good pics OP. :thumbsup:

So that's why yours looks different. Every time I see your sig pic I keep looking and wondering what's different about the rack. :think: The Escalade thing just never crossed my mind... :shrug:

One more thing to add to my to-do list with my wife's Tahoe. I also couldn't live with the screws sticking out even though you probably can't even see them when standing next to it.

Here's an esky roof rack for sale for stupid cheap!
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67982

kitsbeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 215807 View attachment 215807 View attachment 215807 I know I'm going to get the comment about how old this thread us that I am reviving but it is the best thread about this on the internet.

Has anyone thought about using set screws with a bit of sealant.? Those bumps would still stick up a little bit but I doubt anyone would see them.

I'm wondering if I'd need the right length for the set screws to bottom out in the holes, or if the loctite/sealant would be enough to hold them still.?

https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Set-Screw-A2-Stainless-Steel-M6-x-1-0-p/401014.htm

M6 X 1 STAINLESS STEEL METRIC SOCKET SET SCREWS.jpg

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set screw are a great idea. I used small plastic push pins and you can tell i even put anything over the holes

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set screw are a great idea. I used small plastic push pins and you can tell i even put anything over the holes
do you use sealant with the plastic push pins to prevent water from leaking in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep