Newer OEM Rims Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep use the size calculator for your current size and the size on the new wheels. as long as it is close it should fit with no issues. the offset may be just a touch different. but not enough to cause much headache.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the newer ones might be 1/2" wider but the offset adjusts to a degree for that. The wheels specs are easy to find to make an assessment. I did not feel it would be an issue on my '08 but when the pandemic came the prices for "take-offs" went crazy and I kept mine and added nitrogen to solve the slow leaks.

OP
OP
B-Fox

B-Fox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the newer ones might be 1/2" wider but the offset adjusts to a degree for that. The wheels specs are easy to find to make an assessment. I did not feel it would be an issue on my '08 but when the pandemic came the prices for "take-offs" went crazy and I kept mine and added nitrogen to solve the slow leaks.

Nice!
What's the deal on the slow leaks? My neighbor had a '15 and the factories wouldn't hold air. how many years were effected? I definitely don't want those years. Lol

rismt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 98 Two Door 4x4 at stock height. See photo. I got a set of OEM stock brand new factory 2018 Silverado wheels & tires (Goodyear Wrangler P265/65R18) from a local dealer as take off's when one of their customers wanted custom wheels. They fit and drive great. Hope this info helps. Bob

OP
OP
B-Fox

B-Fox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 98 Two Door 4x4 at stock height. See photo. I got a set of OEM stock brand new factory 2018 Silverado wheels & tires (Goodyear Wrangler P265/65R18) from a local dealer as take off's when one of their customers wanted custom wheels. They fit and drive great. Hope this info helps. Bob

Very nice, they look beautiful on yours.
Thanks for the help on this. You all have been a big help. I hope I can contribute info one day.

OP
OP
B-Fox

B-Fox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's a going price on factories off a 2018+?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, they look beautiful on yours.
Thanks for the help on this. You all have been a big help. I hope I can contribute info one day.

I have no doubt that you will contribute. If you move ahead with your project and report back on the results (including any challenges and associated workarounds), you will have made your first contribution. Knowledge is power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645