Newbie Suburban owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
I'm new here, but not new to forums (some might recognize me from other sites). I actually found this site because I was looking for Tahoe 20" LTZ wheels with BFG A/T's on them as I need new tires on the Burb and these are the wheels I have on it.

I'm a GM fan, former GM Tech, and own (or have owned), pretty much most of GM's product lines somewhere down the road. Owned many Chevy trucks, SUV's, etc, including Tahoe's and Suburban's.

My Current Suburban is a 1999 OBS (GMT400) Suburban LT 4x4. It is my daddy mobile and foul weather (I.E. snow), machine. I push snow with it too.

My other GM vehicles are a GTO, STS-V, G8 GT, and Impala SS. No not the 94-96 ones. Being a father of kids, we picked the best tool for that in the form of Chrysler's Stow-N-Go mousetrap, so I have two of those in the stable too.

Picture of it when I put those LTZ wheels on. You can see I still have the torsion bars cranked up and my plow receivers on. :D

XBLP4jI.jpg

Pic of it (with the OEM 16's) and the plow on it
AzdcNTT.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Tom!

Your 99 Suburban looks good with those LTZ wheels. You have a nice fleet of vehicles.

OP
OP
CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
OP
OP
CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot two other GM vehicles I have... :p

You can sorta see one in the garage under the sandbags. That is a 1966 Pontiac Catalina 4 foor post, with 389 and single 2bbl. It has been in the family since my great grandparents bought it new in 1967 and when I turned 16, it became my first car.

Then this past summer, I adopted a 1980 Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace car (in not the greatest condition), but it ran once I got it going.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks all. Tony, where at in Joisey? As a kid, I lived up in Hillsdale, then moved to Little Ferry.
I'm originally from Newark, then moved to Belleville. I currently live in Keansburg.
Gotta post up some pics of the TA!

OP
OP
CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Funny thing, My wife's family is from that area (sortof)... Margate

Anyway, the TTA came to me because my neighbor is a landlord. He had a renter move out and was rehabbing the place and this renter left two cars in the garage. He, not being a car guy came and asked me if I knew anyone interested in them and he'd get more info. He knew one was a firebird but was't sure of the other. Anyway, I went through the generations and he picked out a 2nd gen. Then when he was down there, he got me pics and the VIN#. So I of course did some research. Turns out it was one of the 5,700 Indy Pace cars. So I said I was interested in that one and he replied "come get it, and it's yours..."

Anyway, pics of it at my other house; What I don't know is if the original stickers were ever put on the car, or if someone down the line removed them and removed the Indy paint trim.
20200603_164533.jpg

The mighty turbo 301;

20200531_163823.jpg

The interior is roached, so I don't have any pics of that. Since the car was abandoned, we obviously didn;t have keys, so I had to order a new ignition switch/key assembly and R&R that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Funny thing, My wife's family is from that area (sortof)... Margate

Anyway, the TTA came to me because my neighbor is a landlord. He had a renter move out and was rehabbing the place and this renter left two cars in the garage. He, not being a car guy came and asked me if I knew anyone interested in them and he'd get more info. He knew one was a firebird but was't sure of the other. Anyway, I went through the generations and he picked out a 2nd gen. Then when he was down there, he got me pics and the VIN#. So I of course did some research. Turns out it was one of the 5,700 Indy Pace cars. So I said I was interested in that one and he replied "come get it, and it's yours..."

Anyway, pics of it at my other house; What I don't know is if the original stickers were ever put on the car, or if someone down the line removed them and removed the Indy paint trim.
View attachment 255302

The mighty turbo 301;

View attachment 255303

The interior is roached, so I don't have any pics of that. Since the car was abandoned, we obviously didn;t have keys, so I had to order a new ignition switch/key assembly and R&R that.
Nice. Always loved the 'Birds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons