Newbie looking for help blacking out my Yuk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a 08 Yukon. Black on black. Will have to windows tinted by the end of the week. Going to pull all the badging (any tips there? fishing line, a hair dryer, and naptha?). I need advice on grille, best way to frost or tint the tail lights, and rims (glossy black, flat black, deep lip, no lip, etc). I don't want to jeopardize the ride too much so I don't know if 22s will do that. Tho sometimes I think 20s are too small.
SO HELP OUT THE ROOKIE!! THANKS

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Pics before cry for help! J/K

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a 08 Yukon. Black on black. Will have to windows tinted by the end of the week. Going to pull all the badging (any tips there? fishing line, a hair dryer, and naptha?). I need advice on grille, best way to frost or tint the tail lights, and rims (glossy black, flat black, deep lip, no lip, etc). I don't want to jeopardize the ride too much so I don't know if 22s will do that. Tho sometimes I think 20s are too small.
SO HELP OUT THE ROOKIE!! THANKS

Debadging-fishing line+heat gun/hair dryer+3M eraser wheel
Grille-http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390407706129&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=88572655507
Tinted lights-PM BG
Wheels-black esky 22's
Tires-your pick in brand....size 285/45/22
2/3 belltech drop from tony (norcalss)
:)
Just my opinion

Oh yeah pics please ;)

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome
I went with matte black powder coat on my 22s but I also have a matte black grill so it ties up pretty well. Are you just planning on painting your stock grill or going aftermarket? There alot of things you can post up to give us an idea of what you want.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TheWes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay I'll try to put pictures up this afternoon. I think I want to go aftermarket on the grille but I'm not opposed to matt black. One of my concerns is the chrome border around the grille. Is that replaced with most after market grilles or is that something I'll have to have painted it replaced secondary.
Thanks again everyone for your advice and tips.

P.s Already ordered my 35 watt 6k HID headlight and fog kits. I'm on my way!

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome dude. Id go with 22" bc to me thats just enough tire were u dont have to worry about anything like roads and stuff but there still big enough to fill up the wheel well properly.

For the tail lites i would go with the vht nite shades to tint them. Very easy and cheap to do. I would honestly leave your head lites alone. Trust me me on this one, looks cool but u better no get caught at nite in the rain lol.

Are you getting your kon repainted matte black or keepin it gloss?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome dude. Id go with 22" bc to me thats just enough tire were u dont have to worry about anything like roads and stuff but there still big enough to fill up the wheel well properly.

For the tail lites i would go with the vht nite shades to tint them. Very easy and cheap to do. I would honestly leave your head lites alone. Trust me me on this one, looks cool but u better no get caught at nite in the rain lol.

Are you getting your kon repainted matte black or keepin it gloss?

Save your self the trouble and stay away from VHT unless you like matte colored lights. Have them professionally done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts