Newbie - just bought a 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

How do you roll back the mileage on a digital dash? Did another cluster just get switched in?

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would have filed papers already for small claims court. This would be a good case for Judge Judy. I am sure this was not the first time [or the last time] this guy got over on someone.

Yeah I contacted a lawyer to see what my options were. He said I could sue for damages equal to the difference between what I paid, and what a 205k Tahoe was worth. Blue book for this 205k Tahoe is about 7-8k which is exactly what I paid.

If I paid the blue book value for a 125K Tahoe (~12k-13k) then i could take him to Judge Judy for $5k and then pretty much all of that would go directly to my lawyer. So yeah, at this point I paid what it was actually worth, didn't get the screaming deal i thought it was. My time and sanity is worth way more to me. Call me "nice", but I just don't care enough to dick around with BS like this. I learned my lesson. Won't fall for it again.

My research tells me that this is EXTREMELY common. Apparently people roll back odometers all the time. No idea how they do it, but estimates show there are millions of vehicles out there. They like to take a vehicle that has high mileage but is in great condition.

Side story: my dad meticulously maintained a prius and sold it at 250k miles and it was in fantastic shape for its age. Next day he saw it back on craigslist with 110k miles for 3x the price.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all have been there in one way or another. Like Ron asked, I’m wondering how you roll them back too. Time for some googling.

update: it’s not that hard once you get into the rigs computer or you can switch the gauge. Makes sense. Sucks, as if folks aren’t having enough trouble right now.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you gone to the DMV yet? I’m surprised they didn’t catch it...

Also, I agree don’t bother with court. I got screwed once on a deal and after looking into it it’s really not worth it for something this small. Especially since you paid market for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz