Newbie here: 2001 yukon xl problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CoupleOnTheRoad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ugh frustrated

Ran the truck about 50 miles. Checked codes and had two return.
P0171
P0174

The air filter and mass air flow sensor weren't real dirty.
Fuel filter needed changing.

Truck running ok but I decided not to chance it. Going to the shop this week. I need it for towing and can't afford to break down.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice how miles are on your XL, being an 01, if the fuel pump hasn't been replaced before, replace it. because it will go out. Use a Delco or Delphi pump.

OP
OP
C

CoupleOnTheRoad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't notice how miles are on your XL, being an 01, if the fuel pump hasn't been replaced before, replace it. because it will go out. Use a Delco or Delphi pump.

Ya was hoping not to but that's life. Love the truck and with 125,000 on it, guess that's most likely the culprit.

Also noticed when towing my trailer today that my oil pressure gauge was pushing higher than normal.

Think I found a good mechanic tho.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the responses

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up on the MAF sensor. Once you clean it, you will need to put some miles on it so the computer can "re-learn". I know you said you put 50 miles on it, just cant remember how many miles you need.

Good luck, keep us posted

OP
OP
C

CoupleOnTheRoad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanted to post since it's been a bit. I'm taking the truck in tomorrow. I will post results this week. Thanks again to everyone who posted.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the troubles but thanks for sharing it. I might be following these steps soon too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz