Newbie: 2022 Tahoe Z71 Satin Steel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddivinia

Reaction score
I just snagged a 2022 Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2 sunroof, rear captains, sunroof. Not sure what else to list.

I am pretty impressed with the truck. I do wish HUD was available on the Z71, but after trying some different configs on the dash. it is not a big deal.

The GM all weather mats are very nice. They included some front ones. I am going to get them for the 2nd, 3rd and cargo.

Satin steel with black interior.

Liking it - looking forward to learning from the forum.

D.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please. (If we don't see it, it does not exist. :) )

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good combination. Satin Steel is my alternate color. If the options/packages and price was right I could be swayed to Satin…….That Satin as in the color…..not Satan as in the devil………Jet Black is a deal breaker…should I say NO J/B is a deal breaker. Even in TX I still prefer Black interior. A lot easier to keep clean and with my dog yes it shows hair but that also makes it easier to keep clean. As everyone can tell from my posts, Midnight Blue is my first choice.

I am with you on HUD for the Z71….even as a stand alone option. Also with you could get the 22” and even TX Edition…..although you can make a TX edition……add the 22’s and add a door badge and …**** your a TX Edition.

My three day old……make that 18 day old now Z71 is part of ultra rare option package…the Bigfoot or IN Stock edition……Bigfoot as in everyone reports they exist but hard to find in the wild.

About 90% of the Z71 choice for me at least was the subdued accents. Premier and HC are nice and loaded with options but…for me at least…..too much chrome.

Congratulations again……did you order and wait it out or like me….blind luck send find a rare “In Stock” model or a very short wait for In Transit to arrive on property?

OP
OP
D

ddivinia

Reaction score
I did not order it. I was trolling the Chevy site and called every dealer that had one coming in. Had a deal on a 5.3 with Rear Seat Entertainment (which I did not want). Handful days later they listed a 6.2L with no RSE. I got that one instead.

D.

Attachments

• z71 RF.jpg
    z71 RF.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Z71 RR.jpg
    Z71 RR.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 71
  • z71 interio.jpg
    z71 interio.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 67
  • z71 dash.jpg
    z71 dash.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 56
  • z71 wheel.jpg
    z71 wheel.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
D

ddivinia

Reaction score
So far, I really like it. I was comparing it to my wife's 2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I like the Z71 better, but the Caddy has its points. The hood line slants down where the Z71 is pretty much level. Forward visibly may be a tad better in the Caddy but the Z71 has some great cameras.

I like the knobs better then the Caddy Que system. The touch capacitance buttons on the Caddy gets old.

I think the Z71 rides better. I think it is the low profile tires on the Caddy.

The whees and tires are pretty ugly on the Z71. I am thinking a trip to 4 wheels parts will fix that.

The GM all weather mats are nice. They "threw in" some front mats. I have 2nd and rear and cargo mats on order. Also, a rear shade.

The rear captains are way better int he Z71. Being able to move forward and aft is huge improvement.s.

I could keep going.

D.

OP
OP
D

ddivinia

Reaction score
Also, it took me a month to find one to get a deal on and then wait for it to come in. I like in the Dallas, Texas area but had to go to Oklahoma City to get it.

D.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of regoinal markets (North TX, Cntrl OK and even SE TX. Have a common thread….. Either 6.2 or RSE. Some neither, some both but most 5.3/RSE or 6.2 minus RSE. I would prefer the 6.2 but mine was a ultra rare edition…the I.S. Edition……. In Stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz