Newb to the Forum and to GM products...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im new to the forum..already have a few posts under my belt and new to gm products.

Ive always owned ford just like my parents have..my dad a gold 64 imperial once..buuut we dont talk about that car lol. I did have a 79 vette back in early 90's but it was very very short lived and wasnt a nice car actually lol
Ive owned between 8-10 mustangs..i forget how many.some i only had a few weeks lol. 2 fullsize broncos..couple explorers...a escape..couple tbird super coupes...a couple Jeep's..my last being a lifted 95 Cherokee..which i traded in on my tahoe..
snow2010-1.jpg
....my pride joy was my 01 Lightning... 2005_0403Image0001.jpg

Had to sell it after a divorce and losing two jobs at once, it was making 430hp/539lb-ft trq at the wheels when i sold it.

But oh well im back in a ncie vehicle. I really like the 'Hoe and have a few mods planned for it, CAI,Exhaust,Black Chrome street scene grilles, instaling my system and a front leveling kit. Who knows what else will coem with time. SO, great to be here and thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Couple quick pics of the 'Hoe DSCF2030.jpg
DSCF2035.jpg

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is the switch from Ford to GM treating you? Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to bad at all. when i texted my mom and told her i bought a Chevy she called me laughing ..you what?...you broke the chain of tradition! I said yeah mom well i did that when i bought my jeeps lol. But its cool, im not one of those guys that yells..OH I THINK FORD IS BETTER BECAUSE I LIKE THEM! The Tahoe is a really good truck. I wanted an Expedition but culdnt find a 2002 model in the condition i wanted. I also really didnt want a 03 and up..just didnt need something with that much size..yeah they are bigger than tahoes i dont care what anyone says lol.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! What are your plans for starters?

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks puck..planning on..
Window tint...5% in back 23% on front windows
Installing my new in the box JVC KS-100 headunit..my elemental designs amp and two 15in subs
Cold air kit..may actually try the Spectre brand since its half the price of others
Exhaust..just welding in a MAC 3in muffler and adding a tip to it and bringing the tailpipe a bit closer to the body

That stuff will be done within the next month or so. Down the road planning..
leveling kit..raising the front
33in Tires with 17in wheels...nothing extreme though
Handheld tuner/custom tune
Headers
throttle body
High flow cats
Transmission cooler
Maybe adding a two tone paint job..but only if i could find a color to match with the stock pewter and look good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts