New Yukon question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dodge crysler guy here looking at a new Yukon.

I have a 2019 ram Cummins 3500 and my wife has a 2015 keep overland. Need to replace the Jeep with something with more space.

having a hard time deciding between slt and Denali. Must have options are vented and heated seats, rear entertainment, leather. I do like look of Denali grill and whatever we get will have 22in factory rims. One thing I don’t want is air ride. Won’t be towing with vehicle as I have 1 ton for that. Is it possible to get Denali less air ride?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I believe you can get the options you want in an slt but not sure if you can delete auto ride or why you’d want to. The Denali has the 6.2 engine too.

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting my '21 Yukon Denali with the 3.0 Duramax Diesel that's supposed to be built at the end of January. I ordered it without the new air suspension as I felt the standard magnetic ride was better for me....of course that's my personal opinion. Good luck with your decision and Happy New Year!

OP
OP
M

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reason I don’t want air ride is I have had problems with it in past vehicles. I plan on keeping vehicle well after warranty runs out and fine with just coils

OP
OP
M

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting my '21 Yukon Denali with the 3.0 Duramax Diesel that's supposed to be built at the end of January. I ordered it without the new air suspension as I felt the standard magnetic ride was better for me....of course that's my personal opinion. Good luck with your decision and Happy New Year!
What did Msrp come out at on that? I’m also thinking about duramax

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
I ordered the premium package and sliding center console and a few other things and it's right about $80K. The entertainment package adds about $2-3000. Also, the "ultimate package" includes that but also has the air suspension, so you'd have to order separately. Be prepared for a wait for the truck to be built as well.

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Take a look at the Yukon AT4. GMC has it slated between the SLT and Denali and it looks great. You can get all of the options you require and omit air ride if you want. I have it on mine and don't tow a ton, but the ride is great and the leveling provided by the air ride enhances the feel, not to mention looks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Denali, and I've owned an SLT, though there were 10 years between their model years, so it is not really applicable for direct comparison. If/when the Denali's air ride fails, you can replace with a conventional spring and coil over shocks system.

Last edited:

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I want is a 6.2, so stuck between a Denali XL with all it's gingerbread or a Suburban High Country which I'm leaning toward. I only listen to AM radio and do not even own a cell phone so I wouldn't even touch all the electronic do-dad's on the Denali. With the Suburban - no "packages" and my only "option" is basically the sunroof.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
All I want is a 6.2, so stuck between a Denali XL with all it's gingerbread or a Suburban High Country which I'm leaning toward. I only listen to AM radio and do not even own a cell phone so I wouldn't even touch all the electronic do-dad's on the Denali. With the Suburban - no "packages" and my only "option" is basically the sunroof.
With the High Country you get the sunroof and every major option GM offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr