New Yukon 2002 SLT - How did I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGWJL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all... new member here.

Just bought this 2-owner Yukon SLT from Northern Florida, and drove it home to Missouri. It has lived in the South it's whole life and has no rust. My wife has an 02 suburban with 235K miles that we bought in 2010 at 129K miles. It was a Kansas car, and unfortunately was showing early signs of rust (rocker panels) when I bought it. Now the rocker panels are half gone on both sides... I've learned my lesson.

This Yukon is 2WD, but I've learned over the years in St. Louis I don't need 4WD.

It has 132K miles and the only mods I can tell are: 20 inch chrome rims/new tires, the door moldings were removed at some point (which I actually like), running boards replaced with nerf bars, SLT grill replaced with Denali grill, and aftermarket stereo. The interior is an 8.5 of 10, I'm going to replace the drivers side bottom seat and the steering wheel... other than that it is super clean for a 2002. It drove fantastic... tranny shifts smooth and she was nice and steady at all speeds (up to 85 at times).

I paid $5995, which to me seemed like a decent deal. What do you all think?

Thanks,
Scott

View attachment 240902 yukon2.jpg Yukon3.jpg Yukon1.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Looks like you picked up a good one out of Florida. As for the price you paid? If you are happy and feel good about it, then you got a good deal.
Got a few guys from St. Louis area that are pretty active on here.

One thing I would recommend is go through an replace the fluids in the near future. Oil, Transmission, Differential, Brake, P/S, Coolant, etc. This way you know what you have.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I am a transplant of north of the river KC, Mo. I like the new rig but we all want more pics. I think you did ok with the price because you are happy and if the wife is happy, that's a 2fer! Keep the under carriage washed off for the salt from the winter. I dealt with rust all the time in KC, Mo.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Congratulations. Also I believe it was leveled. May just have the stock torsion keys cranked to level. Welcome from Colorado.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Scott!

IMHO you got a extremely good deal. Looks like new and very well maintained.

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan. I know rust.

As my suggestion, buy your choice of rust lube, (mine is Fluid Film) and liberally spray INSIDE the rockers. Pull existing plugs and spray via that hole, or make your own hole and plug them.

My 2001 is from TX and have had it in MI for 5 winters and the body is doing fine. I rinse it like crazy in winter and yearly lube the chassis and sheet steel. Not the prettiest situation but neither is rust. Been there too often. I hate rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64