New wheels and color for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they changed from red to green backlighting? I'm assuming chevy and gmc are now the same with the green?

OP
OP
CruiseGuy24

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
now is the mirroring iphone thing dlna a software thing or is it actual new hardware like a totally different screen for the movies if so any pictures would be greatly appreciated

I have not had time to try this yet. From what I understand its software, not hardware, that uses an app on your phone/tablet to project onto the existing screens. In GM's words "WiFi allows devices to wirelessly project onto their vehicle screens on the in-vehicle screens through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) (can only wirelessly project from one device at a time)"

The full list of 2017 changes, as published by GM, for the Yukon XL:

Deletions
- Exterior color (GWX) Bronze Alloy Metallic
- Exterior color (G1C) Light Steel Gray Metallic
- Exterior color (GC8) Dark Forest Green Metallic
- Exterior color (G7U) Midnight Amethyst Metallic
- (Q7M) Wheels, 22" x 8.5" aluminum with chrome insert is no longer offered as a production wheel (will be available as LPO [RXN])
- (KB6) heated and cooled driver and front passenger seat cushions and seat backs
- (S1V) LPO, Rear seat headphones
- RCA audio/video jacks and SD card slot when equipped with (U42) rear sear entertainment system
- Pandora removed as an embedded app within the (IO5) and (IO6) audio systems

New Features
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (GJB) Mineral Metallic (Denali only)
- (SII) Wheels, 22" x 8.5" ultra-bright aluminum wheel with Midnight Silver premium paint (available on Denali only)
- (RXN) LPO, 22" (55.9 cm) 7-spoke Silver wheels with chrome inserts (available on all trims)
- (TDM) Teen Driver enabled on (IO5) and (IO6) audio systems
- (KQV) Seats, heated and vented driver and passenger, perforated leather-appointed (standard on SLT and Denali)
- If equipped with (U42) rear seat entertainment system, new video voiceover feature to benefit the visually and hearing impaired
- Front active aero shutters (standard on all models)

Changes
- (PCW) Enhanced Driver Alert Package now includes (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- (Y86) Enhanced Driver Alert Package now includes (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- Interior backlighting changed from Red to Ice Blue
- (U42) Rear Seat Entertainment upgrades:
- ..... - Adding HDMI/MHL connector to attach devices to project on the in-vehicle screens
- ..... - Digital headphones
- ..... - WiFi allows devices to wirelessly project onto their vehicle screens on the in-vehicle screens through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) (can only wirelessly project from one device at a time)
- ..... - Adding 2nd USB on back of console, with capability of charging up to 2.1-amp for an iPad

OP
OP
CruiseGuy24

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
I wonder why they changed from red to green backlighting? I'm assuming chevy and gmc are now the same with the green?

Its actually blue, not green. I am pretty sure both Chevy and GMC are using the same blue backlighting now, at least on the Yukon they are.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting mostly color and wheel changes. The rest seem to be firmware/software changes and a new input option for entertainment . Wondering if something like low speed braking can be added through an update? Active aero shutters sounds cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher

Latest posts