New user intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would be 100% correct! I've put an ohm meter on the two large fuses on the + terminal of the auxiliary battery (Picture 1) and they both test ok. All wiring that you showed in your previous pictures looks ok. Where would the best place to start looking for that break in the main harness? I did notice that the Ignition Controlled Charging Relay is still installed and hooked up (Picture 2).

I also located this in the box mounted above the main battery. Is this (Pictures 3-5) where I need to start looking?
aside from the 2nd pic those are all just fuses, looks like most have no connection a couple them are spares for whatever you want to add.
take note that if you happen to "blow" one of those "fuse" the entire assembly has to be replaced for the 1 fuse to work again as it is all one piece and runs about $100-120
I have done it already when I installed a bad amp and the amp smoked and blew the fuse with it.
the piece in the 2nd pic is the battery isolator for battery #2

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Lanman61 i had this bookmarked as an idea, but I decided to plastidip the chrome caps on thecopcar.
I saw that on your acquisition timeline posts. ;-) They seem to be pretty pricey. I would do the same as you but not seeing the same thing in chrome. The link you sent says it doesn't fit my 2015 but a chrome one (https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-p...0YWhvZSZ5PTIwMTUmdD1wcHYmZT01LTNsLXY4LWZsZXg=) will. Nothing like the ones that are on it now. May check out some junk yards around town and see what I can scare up. if I can't get any new. Even RockAuto doesn't even show these but they hace the fasteners that hold them on. ;-)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that on your acquisition timeline posts. ;-) They seem to be pretty pricey. I would do the same as you but not seeing the same thing in chrome. The link you sent says it doesn't fit my 2015 but a chrome one (https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-wheel-center-cap-brushed-aluminum-bowtie-logo-qty-of-1-not-a-set-of-4-19301595?c=YT1jaGV2cm9sZXQmbz10YWhvZSZ5PTIwMTUmdD1wcHYmZT01LTNsLXY4LWZsZXg=) will. Nothing like the ones that are on it now. May check out some junk yards around town and see what I can scare up. if I can't get any new. Even RockAuto doesn't even show these but they hace the fasteners that hold them on. ;-)
Everyone is proud of them, new or used. I found the chrome ones are typically $100 each.

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2 questions:

1) If I was to just run a new connection from the rear electrical panel to the center console area, what would be the minimum wire size, fuse protection and routing (easiest, least amount of tear-apart needed)

2) If I was to just run a new connection from the center console area to the auxiliary battery area, what would be the minimum wire size, fuse protection and routing (easiest, least amount of tear-apart needed)

Getting tired of trying to chase down what is already there and what they all do. I'm not an expert at reading the wiring diagrams and none of them really show WHERE they are routed so the time it is taking is getting me down.

On another note, I found if I run a hot wire to one of the green wires (not stripped) in the harness marked 6J3, I can have the headlight/taillight flashers working.

Is this correct or should I be looking for another wire to run juice to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Progress update: Slowly but surely I am getting things going. I've gotten all LED flashers working on the front. Debating with myself if I should add two more to the push bar. Opinions welcome. Also, updated the taillights & backup lights to LED bulbs. Had to use load equalizers for the brake lights/turn signals but I expected that. Got the lightbar working but I have another bar that I think has better patterns and, frankly looks better. Debating on whether to change it or not. Also, all LED flashers on the back end work and are wired together. No power to them so I need to hunt down the wire that supplies power back there. Also, I need to wire in the two (one on each side) on the sides to the mix.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Progress update: Slowly but surely I am getting things going. I've gotten all LED flashers working on the front. Debating with myself if I should add two more to the push bar. Opinions welcome. Also, updated the taillights & backup lights to LED bulbs. Had to use load equalizers for the brake lights/turn signals but I expected that. Got the lightbar working but I have another bar that I think has better patterns and, frankly looks better. Debating on whether to change it or not. Also, all LED flashers on the back end work and are wired together. No power to them so I need to hunt down the wire that supplies power back there. Also, I need to wire in the two (one on each side) on the sides to the mix.
Definitely would look good with a pair of strobes on the pushbar.

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely would look good with a pair of strobes on the pushbar.

I agree that there is something missing from the front. I decided against the strobes like I already have and went with something different. I'll post more when they arrive.

On another note, since my Troy console went wherever the mechanic that was modifying it went (and didn't tell me where that was) I am hoping to work something out to pick up one that was taken out of a PPV. Waiting on some photos to check condition before making the drive from Phoenix to Austin to get it.