New user intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that there is something missing from the front. I decided against the strobes like I already have and went with something different. I'll post more when they arrive.

On another note, since my Troy console went wherever the mechanic that was modifying it went (and didn't tell me where that was) I am hoping to work something out to pick up one that was taken out of a PPV. Waiting on some photos to check condition before making the drive from Phoenix to Austin to get it.
To Austin? Isit unobtanium or something?

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To Austin? Isit unobtanium or something?
The prices I've seen for new ones are around $700-$1000. *Used* ones are going for $500-$600, So SOMEBODY thinks they are... ;-)

If anyone in the AZ area has one that they'd like to get rid of, please let me know. Not looking forward to the drive but also not paying $600 for a used one either so local would be MUCH better.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prices I've seen for new ones are around $700-$1000. *Used* ones are going for $500-$600, So SOMEBODY thinks they are... ;-)

If anyone in the AZ area has one that they'd like to get rid of, please let me know. Not looking forward to the drive but also not paying $600 for a used one either so local would be MUCH better.
I kept forgetting to snag a pic. I bought this console at auction from Texas DPS, along with an electronics drawer for $12. Both are new, but had been unboxed and were dusty.

it’s the narrow Lund industries console for the K2 Tahoe. I had an idea to use it in theothertwin before I sold it. No floor plate with It.

The stuff is out there.

BD392D59-760B-412A-AE6C-3CA9B6C3FBEC.jpegB6FA3102-5E3E-49AB-8517-D1069275D578.jpeg

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I kept forgetting to snag a pic. I bought this console at auction from Texas DPS, along with an electronics drawer for $12. Both are new, but had been unboxed and were dusty.

it’s the narrow Lund industries console for the K2 Tahoe. I had an idea to use it in theothertwin before I sold it. No floor plate with It.

The stuff is out there.

View attachment 397121View attachment 397122
I managed to grab one off eBay. It's a D&R Electronics. Brand new, wrapped in plastic in the box for less than $500. It should be here Thursday.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Build is still progressing. I have one more lightbar to mount in the back window (accepting suggestions on mounting it from those with experience) and the lighting portion will be done. It goes in fto get new shoes tomorrow and then the console and all the related stuff that goes into it will be all that remains.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Build is still progressing. I have one more lightbar to mount in the back window (accepting suggestions on mounting it from those with experience) and the lighting portion will be done. It goes in fto get new shoes tomorrow and then the console and all the related stuff that goes into it will be all that remains.
Which strobes are you using? What about the light bar on the pushbar?

OP
OP
Lanman61

Lanman61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which strobes are you using? What about the light bar on the pushbar?
The strobes are from Amazon and the 18" lightbar is from eBay. The links for both are below:

The lightbar is supposed to be mounted inside but I think with enough silicone for the joints, it should be ok. We shall see although it could be awhile since rain isn't something that happens all that often around here.... ;-)

I have a second lightbar to put in the rear window when the wind quits blowing. Allergies are killing me trying to stay locked inside until the wind calms down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt