New truck (to me at least)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new to this site and just purchase a '94 2dr Yukon. This thing is an absolute blast to drive and i mainly got it for the winters here in chicago. I've run into a couple issues and have a few questions:

1)I know this is a truck and gas milage shouldn't be a concern of mine, but i woul dlike to know how i can improve the gas milage, i've replaced the plugs and wires, it has a 3 inch exhaust and a short ram air intake with a functional cowl hood.

2)I just found some cheap 22" rims for $300 on craigslist (will be using the stockers during the winter), so i figured...what the heck.... I'm wondering how it would affect the gas milage and transmission if i were to swap 4.10 gears into the front and rear diff.

3)sometimes it will shutter when its idiling, it has 195k miles but i figured after a minor tune up and cleaning the throttle body, that should have cleared up....should i use seafoam??

Thanx in advance for your help!!!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the site!

Is this a 4x4? If you change gears and it is, yes, you'll need to do front and rear gear ratios an change tranny gear to recal speedo.
Cleaning the TBI, ne wplugs, wires, etc will help, also check for vac leaks. That's alot of miles, so anything can be expected.
The rims, sounds like a good buy!

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet welcome to the cite! get some pic posted, as for the sputter check egr thats a common problem on these hoes

OP
OP
E

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah, its a 4x4, so i know i'll have to change the front and rear diff, just didn't know if it would potentially harm the tranny with the 22's.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

oh, one more thing, do i have to align anything (outside of the normal wheel alignment) with bigger tires on it?? I've noticed a lot of guys who have larger rims up here in the the city, but it always looks like wheels are some what "toe in".... It appears that some trucks have execssive wear on the outside of the tires. Any thoughts??

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the site! Blue got you started on what to do for better mileage. CAI's are also known to slightly improve gas mileage and you can also have BlackBear (vendor on this site) retune your PCM for better gas mileage. I would definitely do a standard wheel alignment with the 22's. Other than that however, I am not sure if anything else is needed.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
You can use Seafoam and it should take away the studder your talking about. it probably has a ton of carbon and the injectors are a little dirty,

be sure to throw up some pics of your truck. how is your cowl hood functional?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
How are the cap and rotor looking? Would also look at the injectors and they are flowing correctly, take a timing light and shoot it at them while the truck is idling, should both be a nice cone shape....LoL I would also check your timing.

OP
OP
E

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can use Seafoam and it should take away the studder your talking about. it probably has a ton of carbon and the injectors are a little dirty,

be sure to throw up some pics of your truck. how is your cowl hood functional?

cool, i'm gonna try that this weekend, thank you :Handshake:. as far as the cowl hood being functional, maybe i didn't say it correctly, but some hoods i've seen have plastic covers over the opening and don't actually let air come in (or out depending on your school of thought on that issue). so mine actually allows for better breathabillity

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

seems like your washer fluid is low tooo, may want to refill that in order to take care of the gas mileage hehe ;)

LOL not unless you're talking about water/meth injection (can actually improve mpg).... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon527