New to this - but wanting some “mods”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Husband got me the 21 Tahoe and I’m thinking of a chrome delete and illuminated bow tie. Thoughts?

also, I’m new to all of this. I’ve never had a vehicle where I wanted to do things to it. I asked the dealership about the illuminated bow tie and they quoted me $800 for it and that’s with labor - does this sound right?
I’ll be making calls this weekend about chrome delete - but what sort of charge am I looking at for that? I attached a pic of my Tahoe for reference (LT)

Attachments

• 97CE9A59-4D9A-42F2-9519-50FDA34E6838.jpeg
    97CE9A59-4D9A-42F2-9519-50FDA34E6838.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 22

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husband got me the 21 Tahoe and I’m thinking of a chrome delete and illuminated bow tie. Thoughts?

also, I’m new to all of this. I’ve never had a vehicle where I wanted to do things to it. I asked the dealership about the illuminated bow tie and they quoted me $800 for it and that’s with labor - does this sound right?
I’ll be making calls this weekend about chrome delete - but what sort of charge am I looking at for that? I attached a pic of my Tahoe for reference (LT)
Looks great as is!

Here is the installation instructions for the illuminated bow tie, up for it?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome..

When you say chrome delete.. Do you mean to Debadge it (remove all the chrome badges), or to take all the chrome, and make it black?

If you are talking about making the chrome black, you can buy black out kits, but they are of questionable quality usually. If you are good with masking, you can do the nightshade spray on, and if done correctly, I think it looks SICK!. Turns the chrome into a black chrome look, and I think it just looks sexy on a Black truck.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Welcome..

When you say chrome delete.. Do you mean to Debadge it (remove all the chrome badges), or to take all the chrome, and make it black?

If you are talking about making the chrome black, you can buy black out kits, but they are of questionable quality usually. If you are good with masking, you can do the nightshade spray on, and if done correctly, I think it looks SICK!. Turns the chrome into a black chrome look, and I think it just looks sexy on a Black truck.
Hey, thanks for the welcome! I just mean anything chrome goes black. Im a female who knows zero about vehicles and has always owned Toyota cars - so I’d much rather have a professional do it honestly. I don’t know that my husband would be comfortable doing it either honestly

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.
Thanks, I sure will!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the welcome! I just mean anything chrome goes black. Im a female who knows zero about vehicles and has always owned Toyota cars - so I’d much rather have a professional do it honestly. I don’t know that my husband would be comfortable doing it either honestly
Want to save yourself some grief? Take your vehicle to a VERY reputable body shop that works on higher end cars in your area, and tell them you want to black out everything. They'll know what to do. Remove each piece professionally and paint it with Automotive LONG LASTING products that you can't do on your own. That's what I did and you will be happier in the long run, trust me.... Cheap ain't good and Good ain't cheap !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvain_Yukon