New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megillet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 1996 2 door Yukon SL, basically the work truck edition. It has the rubber floor and vinyl seats. Also has the 5 speed manual. I'm the third owner, bought it about 6 years ago or so. I want to rebuild it, it is starting to show its age with some rust, etc. I will try to post some pictures when I can take some in a few days. Its mostly stock, I've powdercoated the wheels black, and threw some BFG All Terrains on them. I'd like to strip the interior, and put bedliner on the ceiling and floor; get new seats; throw in a modest system; fix the rust; electric fan; add a passenger airbag; roof rack; and throw a newer rear end in with disc brakes.

I'll try to take some good before pictures, and keep you all posted on the progress.

Attachments

• Man Machine.jpg
    Man Machine.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :beer:

I've been thinking about powder-coating my wheels body color, how much did it cost ya?

B

OP
OP
M

megillet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been thinking about powder-coating my wheels body color, how much did it cost ya?
B

I sandblasted them myself; rented a booth somewhere by the hour. Took about 3 hours to do all five wheels. Cost was around $80. The powdercoat itself was only like $20 per wheel or something. They came out really nice.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Pretty easy work on the wheels?

OP
OP
M

megillet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Pretty easy work on the wheels?

No, sandblasting the factory coating off was a pain in the ass. I rented a booth at some hole in the wall blasting shop, so I had a professional full size cabinet with good media, and it was still painstakingly slow work.

Powder coating them was easy, I just dropped them off at the place.

Riocool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:Welcome from California, I didn't know that they made 2 door 5 speed's, I had a 5 speed truck with a 4.3 v-6 is that what you got? That's some crazy snow.

P1010318.gifpeace: Sold this to a friend.:hands: