New to the forum and being a Yukon Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PATHer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanted to say HI to all of those on the forum. My wife and I were looking for a larger SUV and after looking at options and test driving several, signed the papers on a 2003 Yukon XL this afternoon. It was a one owner vehicle that had been towed behind a motorhome and came up from the south so there is zero rust on it. Interior looks like new and the exterior has just a few blems. Best part is that it only has 127,000 miles on it. I am sure there will be questions that I hope to get answered here and appreciate the benefit forums can provide. Thanks in advance from a new Yukon owner in Pennsylvania (and a first time GMC owner as well).

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I'm sure you enjoy the 03 XL.

If you are in a state thats uses salt in the winter do a good examination of the steel brake and fuel lines.

I live in IL and did have to replace mine.

Keep the underside washed in the winter to prolong the frame, rockers and other panels from rusting.

We bought ours with about 9k miles in 2003 and put 280K on our before trading it for a 13 Tahoe LTZ in 2019. Mechanically I think a water pump, plugs and wires are about the only thing I did to it beside those brake lines and normal brakes and tire wear.