New to the forum - 22 RST Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time Chevy buyer here. Owned a 00 GMC Sierra for a year or so about 17 years ago. I have wanted a full size Gm for several years but my wife wasn't ready for a full size SUV, and I didnt want to give up my pickup for a SUV. Fast forward a few years and our kids have grown and the time was right. After returning from a spring break road trip where we took my truck, she said find something and fast before our summer travels start. Called around and found a burb that was inbound with most of the options we wanted. I placed a deposit on it, and it came in about a week ago.

So far we love it! Wish it had the 6.2, but I have two other vehicles that require premium and diesel, so its nice to be able to use regular on the burb. Towing is fairly respectable with the 5.3 so far. The only trailer I anticipate will be too much for this is my car hauler with my Jeep on it.

Pics or it didn't happen...

burb.jpgburb2.jpgburb 3.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Orlando. That is a really nice looking Chevy.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Looks awesome with the dark tint! You got the perfect color.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas... Good looking burb... Just watch the tongue weight with that year is the only thing I have heard negative on trailering as too much tongue weight will make the rear too mushy, You could probably correct that issue with an upgraded sway bar in the rear.

I was like you, long time truck hold out also... Kids were larger, I needed to haul more stuff out of the rain than in it, so I made the swap about 6 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Ive hauled motors in my burbs, wood, cement, just about everything under the sun...

Alot of great folks here in the forum.

OP
OP
relbus

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Color is all my wife, everything she has driven since 2013 has been white. As soon as I take delivery of a vehicle it goes straight to get tint, weathertechs, and paint protection film. With the big windshield I went a touch darker than I normally do on her vehicles. 50% windshield, 5% driver and pass, 15% everywhere else.

I have a weigh safe hitch to keep an eye on tongue weight, but I honestly don't anticipate hauling much more than a boat or enclosed bike trailer. Anything that's very heavy will be towed behind my cummins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec