New (to me) 08 Yukon Xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are nice looking and nice driving vehicles and at that age and high mileage with an oil pressure warning "on" they are almost FREE LOL. Be sure the screen gets replaced when you change out the oil pressure sending unit. Hopefully that is all that is causing the low oil pressure warning. Sometimes it is just that simple but other times it is not hopefully you got the price right and allowed for a engine rebuild if needed. Please post back if you get a chance to let the forum know if you got lucky on the oil pressure fix.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to be in excellent shape and well maintained. Hopefully you got some service records.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If the press sensors doesn’t fix it, this likely will too.

Today I tackled my constantly low oil pressure by replacing the oil ring that fits on the oil pickup tube just as it connects to the oil pump.

The pictures below are the cold before and after the fix; hot before and after. My Yukon has 178K miles and I run 5W-30 with an AC Delco oil filter.

I would call this a success. I'll let you know if it quiets the cold (as in 30 or 20F) cold starts in the morning as my lifters have the LS usual tick for the first 10 or so seconds.

Photos are Cold and Hot before fix and then Cold and Hot after fix:

View attachment 217442 View attachment 217440
View attachment 217438 View attachment 217441
View attachment 217439

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BoxChevy216

BoxChevy216

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! Got the new sensor in, so I actually get a reading, and it only took 20 min to swap. Now when I crank it, it's right at 40psi or so, and steadily drops, after about 2min it's back.to.0, if I let it sit for a few hrs, back to 40psi and drops. Sound weird to anyone? Guessing O-ring will be my next project

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442