New to me 08' Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, internet sellers are such shysters. Had a deal done down to transport just needing a deposit and all. Seller couldn't produce a title and lied about it being awd... it was really 2wd :/

Found a loaded 08' 2500 Burb and another 08' Denali XL... Hopefully one of these work out! I'm tired of looking! lol

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent about four months looking/searching online looking for my unicorn. You just have to be patient.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you... do you need any logs or do you have a base tune you send?

I'll be in touch if I can land this other truck.
We would need a datalog and the stock tune files emailed to us, to build your custom files, when we tune via our AutoCal.

We update our tunes for free as long as you own your vehicle. If you add a modifications that needs a base tune to get you up and running, that's when we have read out the files on the vehicle, email that to us, and then we can email a base tune, and then we have you datalog to dial it in.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
M

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We would need a datalog and the stock tune files emailed to us, to build your custom files, when we tune via our AutoCal.

We update our tunes for free as long as you own your vehicle. If you add a modifications that needs a base tune to get you up and running, that's when we have read out the files on the vehicle, email that to us, and then we can email a base tune, and then we have you datalog to dial it in.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

What kind of MPG, torque and HP numbers are normally picked up after a tune, muffler and drop in filter?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of MPG, torque and HP numbers are normally picked up after a tune, muffler and drop in filter?

I can't answer this exact for your case but here's mine, stock SAE Net is 310 HP and at the drag strip it makes 302 Rear Wheel Horsepower and the only modification is the tune. So one might wonder how much horsepower does it take to turn the 6-speed transmission and rear axle? I do not know. In cars we raced decades ago it was about 40 horsepower.

Well, some things stay the same. I found and averaged some 1/4 mile times of stock Suburbans with 5.3s and compared them to my truck and the difference between stock and the tune is 30 Rear Wheel Horsepower.

I'll throw in a caveat, my tune is mild. Justin would do this or that and I would have him dial it back some. So your mileage may vary. This is very similar to the power gains we got from "chips" thirty some years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Finally got some luck on my side. Picked up an 08' Yukon XL Denali out of Kansas. Being picked up by transport in the morning.

Clean truck with 130k.

Now to buy goodies... will 3" front and 2" rear spacer be too much/ cause any issues? I want to run a metric 34" or 33" tire on OEM replica 22" snow flakes or denali's and want it to be as level as possible.

Anyone know the inlet and outlet piping size of the suitcase muffler? Thinking about going with a super 44 and keep the resonator/ polish the tip.

I'll be getting a tune as well in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212