New to me 08' Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

First off, I'm new to the 07'+ year models but not to the platform in general. I've had multiple 1500 & 2500 (including diesels) 99-06' suvs and trucks.

I'm picking up a new to me 08' Yukon XL Denali this coming week. I'd like to run some metric 34's or so with some 22" snow flakes or denali's or some 20's. My question is how do the spacer lifts hold up. Anything that I'll need to replace? I'll mostly be driving on the highway and pulling my boat. I was thinking 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. I want it to sit as level as possible!

Secondly, I've always ran a super 40 on all my trucks. What do you guys recommend with the same sound output? Should I delete the resonator as well?

last, the truck has 119k on it. Will the transmission be fine with a tune?

Thank you in advance!!

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to be towing, I'd recommend skipping a lift/level or even larger tires. Any of those mods puts more wear/stress on the powertrain and suspension. Even a level will increase your front CV angles, leading to premature failure. Half-ton components are nowhere near as stout as 3/4-ton trucks.

The Denali should already be on 20s. 275/55R20 is probably the current tire size.

I'd recommend driving it before you tune it. A tune seriously woke up my 3/4-ton Burb, and for a while I contemplated tuning the Denali. But then I realized that it'd probably just get me into trouble, and since I drive a company car I can't afford any moving violations. The Denali is already scary-quick for such a large vehicle. It has 50 more hp moving 1000 fewer pounds than my Burb. I've bounced it off the 100-mph speed governor on multiple occasions.

OP
OP
M

MrMushu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately the sale fell through. The buyer didn't describe the vehicle as they should. It has multiple issues that I don't want to deal with.

Anyone know of a loaded (minus auto step bar) black on black Yukon Denali XL for a decent price?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to be towing, I'd recommend skipping a lift/level or even larger tires. Any of those mods puts more wear/stress on the powertrain and suspension. Even a level will increase your front CV angles, leading to premature failure. Half-ton components are nowhere near as stout as 3/4-ton trucks.

The Denali should already be on 20s. 275/55R20 is probably the current tire size.

I'd recommend driving it before you tune it. A tune seriously woke up my 3/4-ton Burb, and for a while I contemplated tuning the Denali. But then I realized that it'd probably just get me into trouble, and since I drive a company car I can't afford any moving violations. The Denali is already scary-quick for such a large vehicle. It has 50 more hp moving 1000 fewer pounds than my Burb. I've bounced it off the 100-mph speed governor on multiple occasions.
a tune will fix that then it will just max out at 136

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately the sale fell through. The buyer didn't describe the vehicle as they should. It has multiple issues that I don't want to deal with.

Anyone know of a loaded (minus auto step bar) black on black Yukon Denali XL for a decent price?

What state?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

First off, I'm new to the 07'+ year models but not to the platform in general. I've had multiple 1500 & 2500 (including diesels) 99-06' suvs and trucks.

I'm picking up a new to me 08' Yukon XL Denali this coming week. I'd like to run some metric 34's or so with some 22" snow flakes or denali's or some 20's. My question is how do the spacer lifts hold up. Anything that I'll need to replace? I'll mostly be driving on the highway and pulling my boat. I was thinking 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. I want it to sit as level as possible!

Secondly, I've always ran a super 40 on all my trucks. What do you guys recommend with the same sound output? Should I delete the resonator as well?

last, the truck has 119k on it. Will the transmission be fine with a tune?

Thank you in advance!!
Hello Joel, we would be happy to help with a tune for your setup. You can call 877-809-4070, or email us [email protected] for more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy