New to me 04 Suburban Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LW93Rcode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I just upgraded from a 2000 NBS Tahoe to a 2004 Suburban Z71. Quite a difference in power and the interior is light years better! Anyhow, I did notice there wasn't a lock/unlock button by the rear hatch. Is that something they did away with all together, or just a suburban thing, or am I stupid and not seeing it? Seemed to be a nice convience on the old one. Though, if that's my only complaint I must be doing good. Also, anyone have a good recommendation for a tire that looks aggressive, but is still good on the road noise? Thanks!

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
terra grapplers.. super sexy and not bad on road noise.. not sure how high your truck is sitting but they look real nice

OP
OP
L

LW93Rcode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I do have another question. The spare tire was removed from the vehicle so, I need to get another. Anyone know what kind of rim came with the z71s, aluminum, steel/16" or 17"?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I do have another question. The spare tire was removed from the vehicle so, I need to get another. Anyone know what kind of rim came with the z71s, aluminum, steel/16" or 17"?

These trucks came with a steel wheel for the spare. Some of them it was a 16" some had a 17" either way the overall height of the tire was the same. Look at your drivers door and it will tell you which size spare it had. It was probably a 265/75/16.

They removed the lock switch in the cargo area I think in 03. My 02 suburban has it but my 05 yukon doesnt.

Broken Truck

Reaction score
My 03 has the 265/75/r16 steel rim spare. And yea...no rear lock on the 03's. '02 was the last year for the lock on the rear liftgate. Not sure about barn door ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish