New to me 02 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an 02 Denali. It has the autoride i'm assuming cause I can hear the compressor kick on and off. But it rides like a big ol boat and i'm wanting something more firm.

I plan on doing a very mild drop, like crank the keys down a bit up front and 2" drop springs in the rear.

What all is involved to switch to bilstein hd's or any other preferred gas shock? I have no desire to keep anything related to the air ride or autoride.

Thank you guys.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks here can assist you with your question. My air ride was already removed and replaced, prior to my purchasing my truck.

I don't believe that it is a difficult conversion, but you will have to install resistors to 'fool' the truck's electronics into believing that you still have the air ride, so that warnings won't pop up on your dashboard console.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to have resistors? Or is that just if you don't want the warning light on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my belltech shocks from norcalss and I grabbed some drop coils too. Can I just replace all the shocks and springs and remove the rtd fuse and be good to go?

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645