New to Forum in NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevygal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I've been a Chevy girl all of my life and am currently on my 3rd GM product. My first Tahoe was an 04 LT 4wd I had through high school and lost in a car accident. I then switched sides to a Yukon & drove it all through the rest of high school and college. my 04 was the vehicle I've had the least issues with, and my 07 Yukon ended up having a lot of problems-mainly being the latch assembly in the left rear door went out causing an obnoxious ding saying the door was open and a battery that constantly died!

Our Chevrolet dealership here has terrible service and this problem persisted only because they told me it was "trial & error" to fix the issue & ask me to start by paying over $400 for a new lock assembly, rather than taking the time to investigate and find the true issue. Also, it constantly ran low on oil UNLESS I ran partial or full synthetic, then she ran like a charm :) Also, due to the same terrible Chevrolet dealer who failed to tell me I needed brake work, I had to have all four rotors turned, new brake pads, and lots of work done. (Needless to say, I think it may be the dealership rather than the Yukon that was the issue!!!). Finally, after they tried to jip me $6,000 when I traded in on my current Tahoe, I went to many other dealerships before I got what I have now, for a major discount!

Now, I have a 2012 Z71 Tahoe that I love dearly! I love making alterations to my vehicles and have had pipes, headlights, and some body changes like colors of symbols and door handles on my new one. As I've gotten older, I haven't done as much, but found this forum when I put a leveling kit on my gal. It was Supreme Suspensions kit that was 3.5" in the front & 2" in the back.

Since then I've had to remove the kit (posting more about this in a more specific thread soon!!) and since I received a work vehicle, haven't been able to give my Chevy the attention it deserves!

Looking forward to getting to know other owners and see if some of my questions can be answered!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts