New To Forum, Found Denali Powerbuy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the magnaflow exhaust, i see dual in , dual out... does it come out dual on mine because i only have one pipe like yours??? I havent checked yet and im sure ill answer my own question when i do...

how is the drone at 75-80??? I don't want to here my exhaust at all at freeway speed, and neither will my wife.. i bought a new car 2 weeks ago, and the truck is my wife's daily driver now. she does not mind a little noise on take off, but she is out on the drone... i still drive it, just not everyday.. that why I was going with corsa, a little hp with no drone...

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna upload a pic of my new car, but no matter what i do, it says file is too large... wtf.

anyway, it's a 2014 'yota avalon hybrid limited.. 25k miles, pearl white with cream and brown interior... almost a ls 460...almost. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20171025-091724.png Screenshot_20171025-091745.png

stock photos, but same car... tinted the back and rear triangles 5%, back doors 15%, from 35%, and windshield 70%.. when I get outside I'll take a new pic and see if that file isn't too large..

20171025_142312.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I doubt you'll get the SE headers to work on a Denali. They cone with a y-pipe instead of running 2 separate pipes to the muffler, the y doesn't even usually work with a 4wd Tahoe. Just look at @Tonyrodz 's build thread. He had to remove the front driveshaft in his Tahoe due to the Y. You can't remove a driveshaft in a Denali or the transfer case will self destruct. If you want longtubes on a Denali you'll have to pony up for American Racing or Kooks unless you want to do a bunch of fab work. My AR's were $1400.
It was mostly because of the inner tubes on the driver side header hitting the prop shaft. I'd have to smash them to hell to leave the prop shaft in. And the y pipe didn't help either.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck only has one pipe coming from the cats but opens up to 2 pipes going in and out of the muffler, then merges back to one pipe to the exit. I would assume yours is probably the same. You could modify to one pipe for a single in, single out muffler depending on your preference. I just stuck with the dual because it didn’t require and major modification and the instal was easy and hardly any labor for the welder to hop out the stock and throw in the magnaflow. There’s almost zero drone whatsoever. I was worried about that too. I had a client that bought and sold a ton of used cars and I helped him drive a ton to pick them up. I drove his 2002 xl Denali quite a bit that had a magnaflow in it, but the drone was so bad even goin actors stein at like 30 I had nasty headaches from the sound. That was a stage II muffler I think though. The one I went with has a good Andy tone on the exterior of the the truck, but no negative interior, even when I’m getting on it.
The only time so far I’ve heard a nasty tone I didn’t like that was pretty loud from the interior, was coming home from route 91 festival in Vegas a few weeks ago. The first grade coming out of vegas on the I15 is a very long, steep grade, I was getting on it to stay @ about 70mph to pass all the big rigs, with a truck loaded down with 4 people and probably a couple hundred extra pounds worth of suitcases, because we picked up a friend of mine that was at the festival and couldn’t fly back to Socal. So going up that grade the exhaust was pretty loud, but then again my motor was working pretty hard. And handled like a champ. Once I backed off at the summit it was totally quiet. And the rest of the way home at 75mph, it was quiet.
Haven’t heard a bad sound from the exhaust since!

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, that helps me.. it's only $150 plus weld costs... I'll put it on the Xmas list...i listened to your sound clip and it didn't sound real loud or obnoxious..

I might be able to scoop up a mint onki brush gaurd for $325, and that might happen this week.. so hopefully i have some new pics for you guys..

know anyone who has a 20" rigid light bar(spot/hyperspot)?? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk