New to forum but not Chevy's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
What's up guys? I'm a new Tahoe owner but I've been a die hard Chevy guy for 30 plus years.

I just scored my first Tahoe. It's a 95 but it only has 62,000 original miles. I bought it from the original owner who is retired and has MS, therefore he can no longer climb in or out of the truck. It's super clean and all original except for he removed the original running boards. I know these trucks well as I've owned a 94 K1500 Silverado pick up since 1995.

My Chevy story is a long one. In high school I bought my uncle's 69 Chevelle. I yanked out the original 350 and powerglide and dropped in a healthy 396 with a 4 speed. I sold it in 1989 when I enlisted in the Marines. When I got out in 1995, I got a job and needed reliable transportation so I bought a leftover 94 K1500 pickup with the Z/71 package. I still own it today. Along the way I scored a 69 Camaro from a friend of a friend and I've spent the last 10 plus years building it into a resto-mod. It's got a 575HP 496 stroker motor, Tremec 5 speed, and a 9" Ford rear with 3:89 gears. I still own that today.

I've owned my pick up since 95 and I've driven it all over and done tons with it. From hauling mulch, to furniture, to towing my Camaro to the body shop and then to car shows. Last year when my truck hit 199,000 miles my wife suggested that it was time for me to treat myself to a new vehicle. So I gave the truck to my teenage daughter to drive to school and work and started to look for a new truck. Well before I ever stepped onto a dealers lot, my wife hit a deer in her Acura and it was totaled, so we bought her a new car and I grabbed an 04 Jeep Wrangler to drive to work. I figured I still had the use of my pick up any time I wanted so no biggie.

Well last week a co-worker asked me if I knew anyone who needed a nice clean truck. He told me that his father in law had a real clean 95 Tahoe 4 door with super low miles that he was selling. Well one thing led to another and I scored it for $3500. It's SUPER clean. No rust on the rockers at all. Paint is all original and slightly faded but still looks good. Interior just needs a good cleaning. Just before he decided to sell he had the car inspected and it received new front brakes and rotors as well as 4 new tires. The AC doesn't blow cold but that's nothing I can't fix.

He wanted $4000 but since the AC wasn't working I offered him $3500 and he accepted. I'm bringing it home on Friday after work.

I'm hoping to do a few minor mods such as install tubular nerf bars and have dual exhaust installed. Other than that, I'm just going to drive it daily and enjoy the Hell out of it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Welcome, and sweet Chevy tales! Where are you located? Let's see some pics of the horses in the stable!

OP
OP
GMW468

GMW468

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 69 Camaro. I've got to dig out pics of my pick up and I don't have any pics of the Tahoe yet. I put a deposit on it and I'm picking it up on Friday after work. I'm from Doylestown PA. It's about an hour north of Philadelphia.

IMG_0560.JPG

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&Brooklyn N.Y. Greg!

Nice find! Thank you for your service!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that Camaro! And what a find on the Tahoe. Welcome from Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011