new to chevrolet. 2004 tahoe lt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04tahoe229

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made the leap from owning fords for the past 10 years to buying a Chevy. I pick up a 2004 Tahoe Lt with 195k miles for $2500. so far i'm impressed with it. Needs a few minor things, but overall its a decent daily driver.i I'm not a big fan of the chrome rims. im thinking of black or grey plastidip until I figure out something else. if I go black im thinking blacking out grill and bumpers too. not sure how it would look. I could color match but not sure how that would look either. Anyone else have a Tahoe this color, any suggestions?20160313_163750.jpg 20160313_163742.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Color match is always a win. Debadge and demold for the smooth look.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those moldings and since you mentioned it, yes the gas cap and mirror caps as well. You have a great platform to work with. So many little things to get started on aesthetics.

OP
OP
04tahoe229

04tahoe229

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how easy is it to remove? ill have to search forum for a thread on it. cant be that hard. I think the previous owner must have had chrome caps on the door handles at one time. there looks like adhesive residue on them.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky, my LS did not have all the extra cladding that the LT had. I only had one Tahoe badge. I used fishing line, plastic scraper, a little heat gun/hair dryer for the double sided tape, an eraser wheel, Goo Gone, combination of all the above, buff and polish it out. Just go slow and take your time.

Some come off easy, some are a little more work. It's just how much double sided tape is on, getting the leverage and being patient enough with force to not just rip it off, but gently prying it off so you don't take any paint with the molding. There will be residue left behind which is what takes the most time to remove. Same with the badges.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18