New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Time for new tires. I just missed out on the sale on Michelin Defenders, so I was perusing other options for my 2016 Yukon XL SLT 4x4. I know a lot of people stick with the Defenders, and I would be fine with that, but wondering if the other options is worthwhile:

Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus II 265/65R18 - $688 installed

Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/65R18 - $958 installed

I live in the midwest, but only see snow/ice maybe 4-5 times a year. My Yukon is more of a pavement princess. I would like something that is safe, longlasting and quiet. Which is the better option?

BrandonW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Time for new tires. I just missed out on the sale on Michelin Defenders, so I was perusing other options for my 2016 Yukon XL SLT 4x4. I know a lot of people stick with the Defenders, and I would be fine with that, but wondering if the other options is worthwhile:

Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus II 265/65R18 - $688 installed

Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/65R18 - $958 installed

I live in the midwest, but only see snow/ice maybe 4-5 times a year. My Yukon is more of a pavement princess. I would like something that is safe, longlasting and quiet. Which is the better option?
If those are the 2 you're looking at. I'd vote defenders. No personal experience with the pirelli. Run duratracs on my Yukon for that z71 look. Run defenders on the wife's grand Cherokee. Used to run the old Michelin ltx m/s ...I think that's basically what ther new defenders are. ... on loaded 2500 hvac service vans.... We'd get 75k on them with proper care.

BrandonW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 13 had p series stock that I did not feel safe with thou. I went overkill and got e rated duratracs

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 'pavement princess', I'd strongly recommend the Defenders. I drive almost exclusively on paved roads, and in NH, we get all kinds of road conditions, and my Defenders have performed well in all road conditions. As an example, we had an ice storm on Friday night, and I had to go out on Saturday. The roads still had sheets of ice on them in many places, and I had to take a road with ups and downs and twists and turns, and the Defenders performed flawlessly on the ice (of course, I drove it carefully, as 6000 lbs in motion tends to stay in motion).

OP
OP
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback everyone, I’m going to stick with the Defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667