New tires from the dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, with these dinky little tanks they put in them now, she can fill up for well under $75 around here. Sure wish they hadnt put smaller tanks in them…so dumb. Im sure it was an issue with room, but still.
We average $90-100 round here if she takes nearly the full 24 gallons. Got a 5.3 so I don't look at the premium prices (save that for my R32) but low grade in WA state seems to be $3.99 at most places. I've filled her up with premium on a couple road trips and saw absolutely zero change in mpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We average $90-100 round here if she takes nearly the full 24 gallons. Got a 5.3 so I don't look at the premium prices (save that for my R32) but low grade in WA state seems to be $3.99 at most places. I've filled her up with premium on a couple road trips and saw absolutely zero change in mpg
Well, her last 6.2 she drove 135k miles on regular gas, never once premium, always got up around 20mpg and never had a single motor issue…i dont think this one will see a single drop of premium either lol.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another tidbit of info I believe I stated in another thread but not here...so far these Ridge Grapplers are the bomb! Only been about 3 weeks and maybe 1400 miles but I'm super impressed. They are quiet (obviously a bit louder than the touring AS that they replaced), they ride smooth, performance in the rain is great and they haven't missed a beat in the snow/compact ice that's been hanging around the PNW for a couple weeks now. So far they've been fantastic in every way and they look awesome! I'll keep this updated as time goes on but so far I'd highly recommend these tires

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another tidbit of info I believe I stated in another thread but not here...so far these Ridge Grapplers are the bomb! Only been about 3 weeks and maybe 1400 miles but I'm super impressed. They are quiet (obviously a bit louder than the touring AS that they replaced), they ride smooth, performance in the rain is great and they haven't missed a beat in the snow/compact ice that's been hanging around the PNW for a couple weeks now. So far they've been fantastic in every way and they look awesome! I'll keep this updated as time goes on but so far I'd highly recommend these tires
Heck yea thanks for the update! How come no pics?!

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a local independent tire shop that beats them all without even asking. If there are rebates available he hands over the forms, all filled out, again without asking. After the fact support is outstanding and free. I struggled to put tires on my garden tractor and they put them on for free and they were not even bought there. I had slow leaks in three wheels which I attribute to 13 year old wheels that have seen oxidation; They solved it by using nitrogen in the tires and again, free. And when his hired hands are working, he is overseeing to be sure it's done right.

There is nothing like a personal relationship with a local guy trying to support his community.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday evening I got a set of "new design" Yokohama 'YK-CTX' / 18" tires on our Infiniti. The tires that came on the 2016 QX50 from dealer were the Dunlop Sport. You would think the $220.00 tires would be pretty good? They sucked .. worn out at 25,000 miles.Dealers use high performance tires to show the handling of a new car, but will wear out fast.
These new tires are quiet.... With the hazard warranty & a 70,000 mile, .... Out the door was around $800.00.
I have been doing business with Discount Tire for 2 decades... I am happy with them.
They beat the prices for my Yukon also.... The dealer is a pain to schedule service and not close by, and you must drop of & pick up at the end of the day.

Attachments

• KIMG3091.JPG
    KIMG3091.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 7
  • KIMG3092.JPG
    KIMG3092.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

e2360

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked into both recently. Price was similar BUT when I asked about rotations and balancing in the future....Dealer said free rotation but charge for balance $69.00 in the future. Discount will Balance and Rotate for free every 7500 miles. Say a 60,000 mile tire, that is easy 6 rotations at total of $400.

Plus I can make an appointment at discount and they actually honor the time. Not endorsing Discount over the dealership but I have 5 vehicles and for have used Discount for over 20 years with never an issue. Maybe good luck on my part, but i'll take it and the nationwide coverage 6 days a week. Had good experience with Costco also but....have to be a member.

CXXX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was shopping for tires for my 2018 SLT and also found they were a better price, got a set Pirelli Scorpions that I like.
the dealership had me in and out in under an hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon