New tires from the dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anybody that's interested but I have found that buying tires from the dealership (they can pretty much get you anything you want) is actually a little cheaper than somewhere like Discount Tire. I found this to be true on a set of duractracs for my old suburban back about 7 or 8 years ago and again just the other week with the '21 yukon...This is my findings on a set of 275/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler 116T XL mounted and balanced.

Discount Tire $1231 before tax

Local Chevy/GMC dealer $1194 before tax

It's obviously not a huge difference in price but I keep reading about issues with tpms calibration from places like Discount Tire and people ending up at the dealership anyways so might as well just go there in the first place. I also prefer the factory trained techs over the tire store flunkies any day even doing something as simple as mounting tires

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anybody that's interested but I have found that buying tires from the dealership (they can pretty much get you anything you want) is actually a little cheaper than somewhere like Discount Tire. I found this to be true on a set of duractracs for my old suburban back about 7 or 8 years ago and again just the other week with the '21 yukon...This is my findings on a set of 275/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler 116T XL mounted and balanced.

It's obviously not a huge difference in price but I keep reading about issues with tpms calibration from places like Discount Tire and people ending up at the dealership anyways so might as well just go there in the first place. I also prefer the factory trained techs over the tire store flunkies any day even doing something as simple as mounting tires
Did the same last time I bought tires. Their price included road hazard which the others charge for.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Nice! I’ll definitely keep this in mind next time wheel shopping, thanks!

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Just had my dealer swap my factory CrossContacts for the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. Within a couple dollars of the discount guys so no brainer for ease. My “local” guy was cheapest but his little shop doesn’t have equipment to mount 20” wheels. Now just gotta sell my factory set - brand new set available!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did this myself recently and still deciding what to spend the $70 rebate money on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins