New Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many manufacturers (like BMW & Audi) have been offering Black Optics or Shadowline trim on their vehicles for a lot longer than 5 years now. I don't see the "de-chrome" fad really going anywhere anytime soon.

You are correct. i wasn't clear...I meant the domestic ones.

w_mcfly22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im all in on the RST Tahoe with the performance package!. wil be looking forward to when these come out...

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. i wasn't clear...I meant the domestic ones.

I hope it catches on more with the domestic brands and continues for many more years. I love the Denali and Escalade lines but can't stand all the chrome. Heck, one of my reasons for not getting an LTZ was all that chrome.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many manufacturers (like BMW & Audi) have been offering Black Optics or Shadowline trim on their vehicles for a lot longer than 5 years now. I don't see the "de-chrome" fad really going anywhere anytime soon.

Agreed, the monochromatic trend started in the 80,s, remember the Buick Grand National? The trend became real popular in the 90's with mini trucks and the pro street craze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the monochromatic trend started in the 80,s, remember the Buick Grand National? The trend became real popular in the 90's with mini trucks and the pro street craze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree and of course there were the small exceptions over the years but my point is 5yrs ago, you didn't go past a GM lot and see 10+ blacked out /color matched optioned vehicles brand new on the lot. Now, every dealer from every manufacture is mass producing these optioned vehicles which will only reverse the trend at some point. Yes, the specialty vehicles will still have the unique offerings and you'll still see the $2k compact cars with $5k blacked out paint jobs and wheels, but...

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree and of course there were the small exceptions over the years but my point is 5yrs ago, you didn't go past a GM lot and see 10+ blacked out /color matched optioned vehicles brand new on the lot. Now, every dealer from every manufacture is mass producing these optioned vehicles which will only reverse the trend at some point. Yes, the specialty vehicles will still have the unique offerings and you'll still see the $2k compact cars with $5k blacked out paint jobs and wheels, but...
My pops old 01 black burb had all the options and paint matched bumpers. The lower levels were chrome and more premium levels were painted matched will less chrome.

But all that chrome was one reason i didnt do a esky. I would have spent more time and money swapping or buying and painting to colormatch. I liked the esky platinums bc they had satin silver accents and not chrome. And the chrome package on the tahoes are the devil.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CucamongaBoy52