New system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tilghman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thehoe92: the seat frame is = chassis because it is bolted in. Plus looks like that ground is on the seat bolt= chassis.

T: on my PPI a300 I think it was 1/4-24 or something? Easiest thing to do is just go thru them and find one that:

a: has a head big enough to retain the amp,
b: a shaft small enough to go thru the hole
c: a shaft long enough to go thru the amp and the mounting material
d: pick out T nuts with the same thread pitch and size.

then you drill the mounting holes, put the t nuts in, Clamp them into the wood.

Thanks eagle sounds good !! what about after the amp is on the wood best way to attach this to the body under the seat? gonna start look for materials tomorrow

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
it doesn't have the least resistance like you could if you went directly to the bolt that holds the seats to the frame

just saying if you start seeing electrical problems, have any type of interference, or your amp is going into protect change that ground

a good ground
5.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

if you want get a DMM and set it to OHM and check the resistance between the bolt and the frame of the seat

Last edited:

EdgarCervantes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yuppp that ground is ******.... listen to thehoe92 if u have a bad ground the amp will also start heating.. heating=lost power now go get a good ground!!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut two pieces of mdf and screwed one into the floorboard, then the other from the amp to the mdf that is already mounted so that it would clear the seat braces.Did this on both sides of the amp. My amp is pretty big though. Like stated above, run the wiring under the carpet for a cleaner install. I would also recomend to ground it to the frame. I did this on my amp but had to run a long ground wire.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
keep it as short as possible to avoid noise interference
if your speakers whine as you accelerate you know what I'm talking about thats alt/engine noise and thats the ground being transmitted through your RCA signal.. usually the shield on the RCA will protect it but not all the time

the BEST ground you could do would be a full run from the front battery to the back because that would ensure a full circuit

I know this may be a little much for what you are running but its just little thing to remember when you start to get bigger.

OP
OP
T

tilghman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
upgraded System Needed box advice

i replaced the head unit with a AVH-p7500dvd with Xm back up camera and navi.Also junked L5 10 for 2 solo L5 12's check it same kx750.1 amp but it pushes the so hard its beatine the anchors out of the speaker screw holes. Should I replace the box or any way to fix this right? i still have the amp to mount correctley and better ground and hide wires and make it sleek just curious if anyone has had this problem with factory kicker boxes

Attachments

• avh 7500.jpg
    avh 7500.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 7500 brain.jpg
    7500 brain.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 21
  • kx750.jpg
    kx750.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 19
  • solo 12's.jpg
    solo 12's.jpg