New shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the only real advice any of us can give you on new shock while being "dampening effect unbiased" is to probably buy shocks that you can adjust the dampening effect yourself to fit what you like for yourself. suggesting shocks is like telling someone what they would like if the ate something they have not tried before. there are no mechanical specs on shocks that tell you a giving linear movement given a variable mass, motion energy and so forth. while they are more expensive you can change it the dampening effect at any time and with some even remotely. the one i choose are becuase i want a specific effect. but i cant say that is what the next person really wants.

OP
OP
Crowder99Yukon

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Honestly didn't think there was that much to buying shocks. Just looking for something that'll work similar to OEM. Not looking for anything crazy.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be afraid to suggest Bilsteins....... even the 5100s. However there is a lot of weight to what Sunlit said. You could try Rancho adjustables.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Monroe's on my current 97 Yukon 4wd for less than a month. I hated them. I switched back to Bilstein HD's like I had in my 99 Tahoe 4wd and my 99 Denali. I wouldn't buy anything other than Bilstein for these trucks ever again. Plus I ran the Bilstein sports in both my BMW's and loved them, and my B5.5 wagon is getting a set soon. So my advice is get rid of the garbage Monroe's and get yourself a set of Bilstein HD's, you won't regret spending the extra money.

HOEIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have monroe sensa tracs in the front and in the rear I have their coil over shock setup to help with the ass sag. Granted they were firmer new than now (20k on them) they still aren't worn out. Bilsteins are the best no doubt. But for $110 for all 4 shipped to my door they work just fine and don't beat the crap out of me with my front torsion bars cranked

Ken

Last edited:

HOEIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the moral here is there is no one answer, depends on what you do. Hardcore wheeler or towing go with those bilsteins. If your the averages street trail kind of hoe like mine you can probably get away with less if you don't have the budget to spring for the good german stuff :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman