New remote programming help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorhed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a 2017 Tahoe base. It only has 1 remote and id like to get a another remote but I have some questions. If I get one with a remote start button will it work? Also if I buy a used one off eBay can I program it to mine?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I recently got a 2017 Tahoe base. It only has 1 remote and id like to get an another remote but I have some questions. If I get one with a remote start button will it work? Also if I buy a used one off eBay can I program it to mine?
Get one from boost auto parts that’s where I got mine from
If it diddnt come with remote start from the factory it probably won’t work unless you add a remote start system
48B4CE3B-C993-4C42-8374-52EF9E8740CF.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got a 2017 Tahoe base. It only has 1 remote and id like to get a another remote but I have some questions. If I get one with a remote start button will it work? Also if I buy a used one off eBay can I program it to mine?
you would have to scan the qr code on the drivers door jam and see if you have autostart as an option in the rpo codes, other than that I think programming has to be done with a tool that either the dealer, locksmith, etc has a higher end snap on or something may be able to do it if a shop has one there not cheap by any means.
you can get a used remote and have it programmed but it has to be the same exact part number as your existing one or if you discover it has autostart option then you need to contact a gm dealer parts department to find out which remote part number you need, you can't just use any remote they have different frequencies and security.
if you really want to add remote start and do not have it then go with a full 3rd party alarm install they can add it no problem.
as already mentioned you can check the boost auto option but read the details to make sure it will work.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to program another remote. 2015 Denali, push start with remote start. YouTube has many examples.
good info, on my 18 with a physical key it takes 2 working keys to add one or more, not sure on the keyfob's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224