New rattle/sqeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetpartner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2016 LTZ Tahoe has a sqeak and rattle on passenger side just behind rear door. This sqeak occurs when going over bumps. The sound acts like a light weight metal clip or fastener. The location according to my son is just near the seat belt retractor. Has anyone experienced this? If so what is the fix before I take interior panels off. Please help. Thanks

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2016 LTZ Tahoe has a sqeak and rattle on passenger side just behind rear door. This sqeak occurs when going over bumps. The sound acts like a light weight metal clip or fastener. The location according to my son is just near the seat belt retractor. Has anyone experienced this? If so what is the fix before I take interior panels off. Please help. Thanks

Others on here may be able to help you with that specific rattle but in general, what has helped me tremendously is using a good bottle of silicone spray with a narrow straw (comes with it). I’ve sprayed generously in between panels and joints on the interior and rattles have disappeared. Not sure if they’ll come back after a while if/when the silicone deteriorates but so far it works like magic. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jetpartner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Others on here may be able to help you with that specific rattle but in general, what has helped me tremendously is using a good bottle of silicone spray with a narrow straw (comes with it). I’ve sprayed generously in between panels and joints on the interior and rattles have disappeared. Not sure if they’ll come back after a while if/when the silicone deteriorates but so far it works like magic. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I will try that