New pump, plug, relay, fuse and still no fuel pumping!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Always Wrenching

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 99 Denali died on me so checked everything out and everything pointed to fuel pump being bad. Now put new pump in and relay but still pump doesn't run. Tried sending power through the fuel pump prime wire by the booster but nothing. Even jumper end the two leads for the relay, checked ground on frame. Now thinking its more of a wiring issue. We checked everything at the plug when testing old pump and everything seemed correct. It has the upgraded plug already as I put a pump in about 2yrs prior. We even sent power to the old pump with my power probe and jumpers for the others connections.

Has this ever happened to anybody else? Just looking for a couple more ideas to check when it gets light out again tomorrow. I love my Denali and can't stand seeing it broken down!! Any ideas or info? Thanks in advance! :hail:

OP
OP
A

Always Wrenching

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha nobody huh? I guess I'm not the only one that hasn't seen this issue before. Going out to work on it now, will check back here when i get frustrated and start to get pissed at it :D

OP
OP
A

Always Wrenching

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it fixed! Some idiot that put a pump in before used regular butt connectors instead of sealed connectors. The grey wire corroded off. All fixed up now and running good!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA